Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if there is any way of eliminating the chatter from the windscreen wipers? I've tried a few different makes and they're all the same.
Can the tension on the spring be reduced slightly to lessen the effect?

C

·
0 Posts
Which makes have you tried?

I've got the Halfords own brand ones on front at the minute and they are bloody awful, had bosch on it when I bought it and they were great no problems at all apart from the cost of replacing them.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have Bosch on at the min and they are great apart from the chatter.
Is there any way of adjusting them to remove this problem that anyone knows about?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
By chatter i mean that the wiper bounces across the windscreen on the upstroke and it makes a rubbing noise but it travels smoothly on the downstroke.
Not a major thing but it does get anoying on rainy days and I have to wait till the downstroke to be able to see clearly.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Hmm, no idea. That doesn happen to me thankfully. Did you try any of those fancy windshield washing liquids. I imagine that would happen when the wipers dont slide nicely across windshield. :confused:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've tried a few different combinations of them with no success. I think that if i can reduce the amount of pressure pushing the wiper down it will rectify the problem, I might try bending the wiper arm up very slightly and see if this has an effect.
Also, if you give the blades a quick wipe with a damp cloth it gives them a new lease of life and can stretch them a bit longer between changes (it's amazing what you learn from watching late night tv, spotted this on an old AA advert years ago :) )

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They're a year old at this stage but have been doing it since they were installed.

It seems to happen with all brands so that made me think that it's more to do with the car not the blades.

I have bent the arms up a bit and it has reduced the problem to a manageable level but I don't want to go too far either so I'll probably leave it as it is for now.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I've always solved this with wiping the windscreen down with white vinegar, and cleaning the wiper rubber with either white vinegar, glass cleaner, or cheap vodka! :)

I've oddly known people to rub in a little WD40 in to the rubber, I've observed this to work, but I've not tried it myself!

Phil

1 - 10 of 10 Posts