Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon guys,

I have recently replace the wiper mechanism on my 2001 1.4 307 and have run into a slight problem with the wiper arms.

When operating the the wipers, the underside of both the passenger & drivers side wiper arms scrape along the windscreen which has left a nice scratch on both sides.

Is there a way to raise the arms away from the windscreen a little to stop this?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated as this needs sorting with the weather taking a turn for the worst.

Cheers, Josh.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers for the reply,

As for being the right way around I quite frankly haven't a clue, is there an easy way to tell (other than it already ruining my windscreen of course haha)?

I fitted them as what appeared to be the correct way but I'll change them & let you know.

Thanks again, Josh.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Gibbo, I shall take some in the morning before I set off for work, that is unless John's suggestion fixes the problem in which case I'll let you know.

They worked fine before a new windscreen was fitted (this where we realised the mechanism was broken on the passenger side, although they were fully functional).

Its only now after replacing the mechanism & adding the arms the problem has arose.

Cheers, Josh.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can you post some pics. It reads to me like the arms are bent. :confused:
Swapped them over this morning to no success!

I've took a few pics for you to look at, first two are the way I fitted them before & then the swap over.

As you can see in the images we've had to cut a piece out of the scuttle guard to cater for the 'spindle?'. - Is it possible to fit the mechanism wrong even though it secures into specific points? :S

Cheers, Josh.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Wrong parts as in the wiper arms or the actual mechanism?

It was only the mechanism with motor that was bought from ebay then replaced & the same arms fitted onto this. In regards to a part number on the whole mechanism, I presumed that all wiper mechanisms for 2001 307's were all the same?

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
What ever you may have changed from eBay. Sometimes they can get a little different if the model under went a facelift or different trims. Another reason could be down to the parts being made by a third party and thus require other parts from their catalogue to make it fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com Free App

·
Registered
3 Posts
Wiper problem

I have the exact same issue. Repleaced the linkage today and the arms scrape.
Has anybody found what the problem is. I ordered new arms today to see if that works.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Been busy the past week, apologies for the late response.

I haven't managed to solve the problem as of yet, luckily the rain hasn't been too bad so they have been used very little.

Has anyone solved or have further suggestions with the issue?

Cheers.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Problem sorted

once you have put the linkage in you have to wriggle the motor behind something. once its properly in place there should be no tension in the bar.

The tension in the bar was causing the rods connecting to the arms to be at the wrong angle.

Mine was exactly the same as yours so I assume you have the exact same problem.. An easy fix!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Do you have any photo's as a brief 'guide' available? Not to worry if not.

It appears to be at a wrong angle so there's no doubt the issue is indeed the same, thanks for the info, I'll give it a go & let you know how I get on!

Cheers.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Cheers Milnefish, I'll check it out when it's light/dry outside (tomorrow afternoon at work, if not the weekend) & let you know.

Apologies for the lack of response regarding your pm also, my lazy eyes didn't see the notification haha!

Thanks again.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sorry mate, I don't have any pictures. just see if you get get the motor to fit in properly.

Let me know how you get on
Okay, I've just got back from the cold, dark night with no good news.

I've had a play around but I don't understand where the motor is suppose to lie as the mechanism is bolted to the car, leaving very little in terms of movement.

I think the last option is to take it to the cash grabbing garage! :(

Thanks for all the help! Josh.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts