Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Having some trouble with my windscreen jets, basically front and back jets wont work, when i pull the stalk to operate them you can hear the motor pumping but no water comes out. im not sure if the motor is the problem or if there is a blockage in the pipes..

anyone had bother with these and managed to fix em?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
id say they are blocked, easy to remove the front are push them out and remove the jets and pull the stalk and see if theres water coming out, if its the jets i find if you blow into them from the front what ever is stuck comes out if not get them from the dealer £3-6 quid

J

·
0 Posts
I'd look a little closer to the pump - if none of the jets (2 front or rear) are working, then its a common problem rather than a particular jet blocked.... or you'll be extremely lucky, or unlucky :) , to get all jets blocked at the same time.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Next door neighbour had a similar problem.

Solved it by replacing the fuse for a new fuse (fresh out of the packet)

Water pump motor seemed to be running but at an extremely low rate.

Turned out the contact points on the fuse and fuse holder were oxidized.

The cost of a new fuse is aout €0.50 cents

If the fuse is oxidized then place and remove the new fuse several times in the holder so as to create a better contact between fuse and holder.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Had a similar issue a few years back albeit with only the fronts & it turned out the pipe was being crimped when the bonnet was closed. You could check near to the bonnet hinge where the pipe crosses over from the wing to the bonnet if it is being crushed.

Open the bonnet, press the wiper stalk & see if it sprays, if it doesn't you could remove the pipe from the spray nozzle on the bonnet to see if they are blocked by pressing the stalk again. If they still don't spray it isn't your pipe & it isn't your nozzles.

·
11,780 Posts
I also had the sam problem earlier this year. I removed the bonnet soundproofing, disconnected all the pipes and gave them a soaking in boiling hot soapy water.

I then used an old pump connected to a battery and forced the water through for a few minutes.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
UPDATE:

Now sorted, as suggested i disconnected the pipes and gave them a good soaking and its working!

Now onto my annoying horn problem haha

1 - 9 of 9 Posts