Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all - one thing that does peeve me with Peugeot’s is the windscreen wipers tend to smear - any tricks for getting the windscreen so (a) I don’t have that aweful scraping sound and (b) water is removed efficiently and not smeared.

·
2,608 Posts
Hi....how old are the blades?I changed noisey blades for Heyner Hybrid blades from amazon..cant fault them..used on 307/407/.3008./.mondeo

·
5,993 Posts
I use the same blades on my DS5 and cant fault them. Its also worth checking the arm tension as over tight arms cam judder and smear (you can tweek with a little bending of the main arm). Mine was slightly to tight and caused a judder on a damp screen

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi....how old are the blades?I changed noisey blades for Heyner Hybrid blades from amazon..cant fault them..used on 307/407/.3008./.mondeo
Just purchased the car but they look & feel relatively new. Probably a tension issue.

·
Registered
39 Posts
The blades can look and feel good while they are dry.
Change the blades with good quality ones like Bosch aero tween. And don't fill up with just water, use windscreen washer fluid.
I had the same issue with my 508, blades looked good. Replaced the blades and added windscreen fluid. All good now

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
163 Posts
Most expensive not necessarily better. Tried everything on my wife's Chevrolet. Even expensive Bosch juddered and groaned. What solved the problem? Wilkos own brand. £4.99 each. Still going strong and quietly and smearless two years on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts