Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
307 2.0HDi SW
My windscreen was replaced about 4 months or so ago. It had a crack in it which suddenly grew when I accidentally whacked the screen with my fist whilst removing the LCD display. Anyway fast forward to yesterday and the new screen has cracked horizontally right above the rain sensor. My wife noticed it whilst out shopping and it had grown to about 6 or 7 inches long by the time she got home. There is absolutely no sign of a stone chip and the company who installed it are coming to assess it before replacing it. However I was wondering why a new laminated screen would suddenly split?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
7th Windscreen! Blimey.

The man from Autoglass he say it's a windscreen fault and he's taken pictures because he's never seen the like before. I thought it must be something like that because as far as I can tell the car is solid underneath and I don't subject the windscreen to extremes of temperature when it's frozen.

The only other thing I can think of is when they replaced the screen first time; They got me to park on the grass by driving up a kerb so they had room to work on the car. I'm sure it was less than an hour when they told me to park it back on the drive. So by going down a kerb before the glue had set properly, perhaps that stressed the screen.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts