Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

You may remember some time back when I first got my 307 I posted on here asking what my 3 beeps were when opening the door. Well this week, I think I have realised what it is. I inadvertently leant on the window mechanism in the centre console after removing my keys and the windows worked. Further tests showed that the I could open/close my window from the side panel without the key being present in the ignition. This obviously stops when I open the door (then get the beeps).

Therefore I think these beeps are to tell me that the electronics are still working which then switch off when I open the door.

Now my next questions is this ... is there a way for me to stop this from happening?! ie when I take the key out of the ignition, the electronics switch off straight away and the courtesy light comes on as it would normally in such instances?

It's no biggy really, it's just something that I would like to get the bottom of, without having to shell out lots of money.

Thank you.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. I have just read how to do that, and it looks like it could open up a whole different can of worm related car problems if it's not done right - I am just not confident enough with cars to do it myself!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts