Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like the passenger to also be able to operate the rear windows in the car. So I have a few questions.
Has anyone here fitted switches to operate all the windows from the passenger door as well as the drivers door?
If so was it as easy as fitting a replacement window switch panel or is it more complicated?

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was hoping someone could tell me if the wiring loom is there or not before I take the card off.
It looks as if I am on my own on this one.
having window/rain shields on the back windows I like them to be open a crack. However the bloody windows lower too quickly so I end up playing with them for some time. If the passenger could operate them, they can easily do the job for me.

·
Registered
14,541 Posts
No it will not be there but it may be possible doubt its worth the aggro though

You would need to fit a drivers door switch to the passenger door then feed wires to the bsi to control the window functions

You could go to france and get all the bits from a drivers door :)

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I live further south than France!:lol:
I am getting the message it is is not worth it.
Thanks for your advice chaps.

·
11,766 Posts
Considering how Peugeot put in wiring for everything, whether its needed or an optional extra it could be worth lifting the passenger control to see if there are extra wires.

S

·
0 Posts
It was/is my understanding that the window control units don't physically connect to the window motors, rather they send a signal to another unit which does this (can/van bus etc etc)

See if the connector on the passenger side fits into the drivers side module, and see what it operates, never know!

In theory the wiring should already be in place!

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Gibbo, that is my thinking.

Stubbo, clever. And having a second lot of switches should not confuse the control units as there is already more than one controller for the 3 of the windows.

When it stops raining here and I don't have much to do I will have a play.
I take it all 307 had electrical mirrors; it would be nice not to have these controls repeated on the passenger side. If I can only find a set of switches that include the mirrors then on the passenger side they will not be connected.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Interesting. Something I would have been interested in also.

However, I think the issue comes where the drivers switch has two connectors and the passenger just one.

I have done this on an astra so therefore in principle the loom would need to be extended to enable a second switch conector which is possible by obtaining the wiring with connector and running it back to the BSI connecting up with the drivers side connectors.

Something I am not prepared to risk personally on my 307 though...

Remember... nothing is impossible ;)

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Today i took the door card off. There was an occasional clunk when the window was lowered. I can report that there is no loom for the extra switches I thought about. And the cluck was found to be a loose piece of plastic which was sometimes hit by the lower window edge.
I will post photos of this removal of the card, on a different thread, later.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts