Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A bit of help please - I need a window regulator for my 607 as it died on me yesterday. I managed to get the window back up and jammed it with a bit of wood so it's not an emergency but does anyone know the best place to buy a new window regulator?
The local dealership want £159+VAT :eek: and don't have any in stock.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Why don't you try fixing it, usually window regulators well electric ones are not designed to break in a manner that allows the glass to slide, at the base of the regulator it could be that a screw/clip has come loose, I have changed one on another car in the past, simple job, but discovered that after I removed it that the regulator was not broken, but out of alignment.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
johnc said:
Why don't you try fixing it, usually window regulators well electric ones are not designed to break in a manner that allows the glass to slide, at the base of the regulator it could be that a screw/clip has come loose, I have changed one on another car in the past, simple job, but discovered that after I removed it that the regulator was not broken, but out of alignment.
I should have explained that the glass didn't slide, I opened the window as normal and then was unable to shut it again. There was no movement whatsoever and when I removed the door card it turns out that the cable inside has obviously been in the wrong position for some time and is now beyond repair. I was just wondering where the best place to go for Peugeot parts was:thumb:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm still wondering where the best place to go for Peugeot parts is, anybody know of a decent online service?

·
Registered
9 Posts
i have had one go on me the motor is part of the whole unit thats why its so expensive you cant buy just the cable or in my case just the plastic lugs(that was what broke on mine) keep searching online parts sites took me about a week to get one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts