Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all, wondered if anyone could throw some light on this!!!!!, drivers window always went down ok but sometimes the switch needed tapping for it to come back up, the drivers switch also operates the passenger window but that always worked fine either going up or down, as did the switch on the passenger door, then last night the drivers window went down but refused to come back up, and the passenger switch has also stopped working, this morning had the door panel off took motor out and tryed a different one still no movement although the switch is still clicking, tryed the wires with voltage meter all had power going through them, took switch apart and found traces of water on circuit board so cleaned it up and tryed again but still no window, pushed window up by hand and gave up!!!! if anyone has had the same or can direct me to a possible solution id be greatful, its not the fuse cos i tryed that first, thanks in advance

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cheers pal, im trying to get hold of a switch just to try it, are these common for failing then? and would it stop the passenger switch from working ?? cheers

J

·
0 Posts
Beats me mate.

Have you tried testing for power to the switch? I'm guessing you'll have cleaned and tightened all connections?

Mine has the problem of going down fully on double click but not coming up. I kept on clicking the switches and now it works again (somehow I don't think it's a permanent solution :lol: ) but passenger side worked fine.

If It goes down fine then there'll be nothing wrong with that bit, but check connections that make the window go up.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
got hold of a switch today from a mates wifes car, tryed switch still no joy, going to try different wiring loom in door tomorrow see if its that, i even tryed my switch in her car and it worked so def not that, peugeots!!!!!! had a golf mk3 once that split a wire going from car to door tryed allsorts before i tryed that, so im hoping its something similar

·
Registered
83 Posts
when the battery has been disconnected and reconnected the auto function doesnt work you have to left the switch up all the way till the windows shuts for it to know its limits, well it does on mine anyway lol

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
took car to dealers, they didnt seem interested in doing the job, just said its old wiring, minimum of 280 quid to fix!!! anyone wana buy it!!!

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
take it to an auto electrician, or someone who is good with wiring...get a multimeter across all the wires in the window loom and splice it...about 1 hours job for diagnosing and fixing easy! :thumb: if your up the tyne and wear way i'd spend the day doing it, but atleast its done!

·
Registered
5 Posts
try the wiring in the rubber gaiter in the door opening as ive had many of cars that have breaks in the wiring in that location

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
a mate put multimeter on wires before dealers looked at it, all showing a reading!!!! to cckc how much you want for doing it mate??

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
Do you what he was looking at ie voltage or resistance? And did he do the whole lot, like from switch to fuse box? Well I'm off for 4 days then at work for 4 so will have to try an organise a day, if u want. Depending if I find it and fix it, say £30? If not obv no charge. If your fussy about people working on your car I have qualification as a electrical techinician :thumb:

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
unfortunately im at work this friday incl weekend and next, im free during the weekdays. the first friday im off is 1st april :thumb:

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
well i have day shift on friday and saturday, night shift on sunday and monday night. so i finish on tuesday morn...i could do it then (after half 10) then im back at work on friday afternoon for day shift starting saturday. shifts are a bit of a pain really :lol:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts