Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks,
Went to raise my off/side, rear window, and it stopped nearly at the top, tried a few times up / down, but still will not rise up....something has came out of line inside the door..

Anyone here have the same problem or can give me a pointer to go on?

Nipping out now to take the door card off:(

Cliff

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok..
.door card off, and the bowden cable was frayed and broken.

Will I be able to only buy the cable?....or do I have to buy the inside piece which the motor srews on to??

Attachments

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
At least have the window permanently up, by getting the bowden cable fed through a small opening in the outer motor, left un-plugged incase someone tries to use it etc....

Am I looking at £££££"s....or is it possible to only replace the cable? it"s the "inner" part ofthe motor which worries me:confused:

Thx,

Cliff

Attachments

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
if its just the cable and no specific parts attached, such as plugs etc...in other words can be just screwed to place.

you can pick up one of those from the likes of B&Q for relatively cheap.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi John,
It looks like one end of the cable has a small metal "lug" soldered to it, the cable itself most probably is a specific length as well.

Maybe better to take a trip to the spares dept at the local dealers and ask their opinion on it, I"m sure they"ve seen similar probs like this before!

It"s kind of ironic, that a modern car like this with all the bells and whistles at the drivers fingertips.....there"s still the same systems in use below the door cards!!

thx,

cliff

1 - 5 of 5 Posts