Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So figure this, if i roll down front driver window and when i pressthe up button it goes down?? :confused: Only way to get it up is to press switch and use auto-up function.

Anyone knows what the heck would cause this? I dont think its due to whole anti-pinch because it doesnt go up at all, just straight down, exactly same as if i pressed switch down. :(

·
Registered
298 Posts
Had similar on mine, dropped window, pressed to go up, it would go up about an inch and just go down again. Was caused by the runners being slightly mucky and the window stiffening up or being slightly out of line. Garage sprayed runners with silicone spray and checked alignment and it's sorted. Seems the safety reverse on the windows is über sensitive and will reverse the windows quick smart if they encounter resistance.
Could be yours is jamming up in the chilly weather and it's encountering too much resistance instantly?
Worth a check.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im not sure my is acting that way. on passanger side when anti-pinch kicked in, it would go down 5-10 cms and stop. but here it just goes down only while im pushing the button. and also i think the same should happen with auto-up if that is the case. but auto up actually works fine and goes all the way with no prob. ill try to put in some lubricant and see if it works.

im thinking that i maybe initialised the anti-pinch wrong... i might take of the battery and try initialise it again.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Solved! Problem turns out is one of the LED's i replaced in the windows and mirror switch panel i soldered it backwards, but i didnt noticed that it didnt actually work as the led in question is the one for the switch that disables rear window switches and i didnt remember that its supposed to light up. on closer inspection today i noticed that, resoldered the LED, now it lights up and the switch works fine. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts