Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone fitted wind deflectors on their 308? What do they look like style wise?
The only images I can find are the generic computer generated ones off eBay selling pages.

I used to have them on all my 3 door hatch backs previously, and they looked good but they always seem not to look great on certain 4 door cars. My friend had a Mondeo ST and they used to look terrible on them.

I'm unsure what they'd look like on my car as I have the chrome trim round the windows.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I looked into these aswell, as you I had them on my previous 3 door hatch, I think what looks odd is on 5 door vehicles the door tends to be a lot shorter making them look a bit stumpy.. I think the brand to go for though is the Team Heko ones as these are the best quality in my experience..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts

If the gap between the 2 doors looks like this then I’d say no.. obviously not the new 308

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's the problem with 4 door cars the big gap and the shorter rear door deflector is a big turn off.

They are pretty cheap to buy I may just try give it a go and see what it's like. Tho I'm thinking they be off quicker then I put them on ?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi Davy,

Interesting! Could you get a closer up photo at an angle slightly?

Just curious as to how they fit again the chrome etc..

And I do want a pair again as they do actually make a difference when driving with the window cracked open a tad bit

·
Registered
978 Posts
Do these wind deflectors do anything to stop the "dubba, dubba, dubba" resonance that one gets with a window fully open from about 50mph upwards?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Do these wind deflectors do anything to stop the "dubba, dubba, dubba" resonance that one gets with a window fully open from about 50mph upwards?

As Allan said if you drop the opposite window down slightly this will stop this.

As far as I am aware if you crack the window open without wind deflectors it created a whirling vortex around the window as wind rushes past, the wind deflectors kind of break this up and prevent that horrible air rushing noise, a similar kind of purpose to what the flicks on the end of a airplane wing are for but this is designed to reduce drag..

FYI I’m not an expert at any of this just watch a lot of crap of discovery

These do help when you crack the window open maybe an inch without getting you’re head blow off and ringing ears when on the motorway

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Put mine on a few days ago and they do look decent on the car. Had a few issues with the windows not shutting all the way as must be sensors as it was dropping back down again. But after shoving the tin plates inbetween the rubbers and closing the windows slowly a few times they are shutting fine.

Only niggle now is jet washing the underneath the deflector is letting in a bit of water on drivers and passenger side.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Finally took the plunge and bought a pair of them for my GT line, quite happy with the outcome, not had any issues with the windows, literally took 15 minute to install

Definitely make a difference with the windows cracked open slightly on the motorway as well

·
Registered
20 Posts
They definitely do reduce the noise. Originally I bought them for cosmetic reasons on my previous car, but they do make a difference, when I bought the 308 I could tell the difference

You can definitely tell the difference if you are just cracking them 1” or so and on the motorway

Although even with the window open fully they reduce the vortex created as wind rushed past in turn reducing that horrible wind rushing noise

·
Registered
15 Posts
Can anyone confirm if these HEKO deflectors for GT Line variant work with power folding mirrors, the ones i am seeing on Ebay say they are not compatible with them.
Cheers

·
Registered
20 Posts
Can anyone confirm if these HEKO deflectors for GT Line variant work with power folding mirrors, the ones i am seeing on Ebay say they are not compatible with them.

Cheers

I’ve got the Heko deflectors for my 66 reg GT Line and that has power folding mirrors. Not had any issues, no where near the deflector when they close so not sure what that’s all about?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts