Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just been quoted prices for the wind deflectors chrome mirror covers...Wind deflectors £55.00 Chrome mirror covers £163.00 ...all fitted by dealer , therefore anything goes wrong with them then they are responsible !...any thoughts on the prices ?? :thumb:

·
Registered
29 Posts
The deflectors are slightly more than you would pay from other suppliers and don't take a mechanic to fit but £163 for mirror covers seems way OTT.

·
Administrator
2,833 Posts
I too think its a bit pricey for the chrome mirror covers. Ultimately though, if the quality is there compared to Chinese import copies, then its worth it.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The deflectors are slightly more than you would pay from other suppliers and don't take a mechanic to fit but £163 for mirror covers seems way OTT.
Could be that the deflectors are a bit more expensive , but if they come off or are loose etc. then i have a good comeback !

·
Read Only
27 Posts
Just been quoted prices for the wind deflectors chrome mirror covers...Wind deflectors £55.00 Chrome mirror covers £163.00 ...all fitted by dealer , therefore anything goes wrong with them then they are responsible !...any thoughts on the prices ?? :thumb:
You could get your existing mirror covers "wrapped" for around £25! Food for thought?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Paying £100+ for some chrome covers is ridiculous and £163 is just extortionate!

I know they're cheap (£22 on eBay plus free P&P!) but the worst case scenario is they will fade after a year or two and because where they are, there'll get chipped and cracked just like the ones you've paid £163 for!! Just get some more?! and I have to say the chrome bits I have got from China for my 3008, I was quite impressed with the quality, i'm not naive enough to suggest they will last the the lifetime of the car but for £22?!?

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
I had chrome mirror covers fitted to my last car, and although they only cost £75 + VAT, they had to be fixed with special adhesive (another £30), and the dealer fitting charge was another £40. If the £163 quoted by Peugeot includes fitting, and they need to be fixed with adhesive, it's about right.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I had chrome mirror covers fitted to my last car, and although they only cost £75 + VAT, they had to be fixed with special adhesive (another £30), and the dealer fitting charge was another £40. If the £163 quoted by Peugeot includes fitting, and they need to be fixed with adhesive, it's about right.
Thanks for that Lee, and if the dealer fits them and something goes wrong with them , then it is up to the dealer to sort out !!

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I can definately understand that. I suppose it all comes down to if you feel happy or not to do it yourself... It's a tricky one.
Although I'm a dab hand at most DIY jobs and used to love delving deep into an old car to rectify all manner of issue I can also understand quite a few would see this task as "leaving it to a professional", especially if there's a warranty attached.

It's 50/50 with me.... but providing I was happy with the product and it came with full fitting instructions including any adhesive or other tools then I'd be happy to go for it.

·
Registered
683 Posts
So long as you thoroughly clean the back of your wing mirror, stick the 3m supplied tape where instructions say then push on the chrome shell it should be fine. Do check with your insurance company before doing this though as I wanted to put some wind deflectors on my last car, insurance saw it as modding the car and wanted to up my premium by £50 ridiculous I know. If you don't tell them in the event of a claim they could turn nasty if they noticed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts