Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have just got a 1912 Peugeot Partner Tepee Horizon which came with ramp and wheelchair access.
I like the car but there is such a wind rushing sound from the rear door that makes even a short journey uncomfortable and conversation very difficult.

I have checked everything is properly closed, what's next?:confused:

My husband has always seen to 'all things car', but since his stroke has very limited mobility and is unable to look to see what the problem might be. Has anyone had the same problems and what can be done please?
Kind Regards
Damsel in Distress

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Hi,
I have just got a 1912 Peugeot Partner Tepee Horizon ....
Now that is a REAL vintage car :)

It sounds like a problem with the door seal. Check if you can see anything obviously wrong on the door. It could be a safety issue, as exhaust gas could be sucked into the interior. If you can't see anything, take it to an independent car body repairer. They should have access to suitable seals.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, vintage indeed!

2012.......It's the owner that's vintage not the car!

Thank you for your reply. I can see there are a couple of gaps either side of the rest door near the bumper where the door closes. Since a ramp was fitted I am wondering if that was the root cause.
I am going to get in touch with the dealer where I bought it to see what they say. Other than that, would some thick foam strips do the trick, even as a temporary measure? I can but try it!
Many thanks

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
As a temporary measure, perhaps. At least, if the noise stops you would know you are on the right track.

But foam will soak up water and decompose in time. Door seals are made of neoprene, which is resistant to moisture and exhaust gases, etc.

·
Super Moderator
1,785 Posts
You could try putting a thin strip of something in below where the rubber clips on. Just to bring it out a bit. That way it will still be sealed properly.

·
5,087 Posts
Whereabouts are you ?? Someone may be close enough to have a look and maybe help you out

Sent from my K013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Wind Beneath.......the Wheelchair!

Hi,
Thanks for all the suggestions. I can buy neoprene stick on strips on Amazon to see if that helps, its not too expensive if it doesnt work.

We live in Cumbria, about 8 miles below Carlisle trem1.:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts