Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all i have a 2002 peugeot 307 and want to take out the casette player and cd player and replace it with my double din is this possible? ive notice theres a separator in the middle, do i need a new fascia or to just saw it off? also would i need anything else? im getting the impression that my double din might be little tiny bit smaller or could be just me.i have an Alpine CDE-W203Ri.

·
Registered
19 Posts
yep, thats right! I inherited a dodgy dash from the previous owner who bought a Halfrauds DVD player, he made a hash of fitting it leaving it without the separator. I bought a nice double din and it went straight in. I prefer it to the single din!

J

·
0 Posts
Yup, it was something I looked into doing.

my next idea is buying a refurb'd sat nav and replacing an air vent with it :D

·
Registered
62 Posts
yeah ive been looking into replacing the standard cd player too as its A broken and B pants, i fancy a DAB unit but dont want my car to look like a taxi with a second aerial, is there a way to replace the FM aerial with a DAB one ? will a DAB aerial still pick up AM/FM?

cheers

Daz

·
Registered
2 Posts
Since this is a thread about double DIN, I wonder if it's a big job to remove the "coin holder" underneath the RD4 player in my 307SW 2006. And when it is removed, does anyone know how big player you can fit (if possible at all)?

·
Registered
1 Posts
yeah ive been looking into replacing the standard cd player too as its A broken and B pants, i fancy a DAB unit but dont want my car to look like a taxi with a second aerial, is there a way to replace the FM aerial with a DAB one ? will a DAB aerial still pick up AM/FM?

cheers

Daz
JVC do a roof mount DAB/fm am aerial that looks just the same as the one fitted on the 307 so its an easy swap, you just need to power the aerial which usually take from the blue white on an aftermarket head unit.:thumb:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts