Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While driving in Leicester earlier today, I pulled into the overtaking lane to go round a slower road user, when I put my foot down, the cars noise changed, obviously a problem has arose, I checked under the car and everything seemed to be secure and safe, only problem is the exhaust has snapped off the cat, the cat is still secure and the portion of the exhaust is still safe in its bracket so there's no danger of it coming off, however, I've heard in the past taking the exhaust off will make the car lose back pressure and I'm wondering if this will cause problems or damage my car in anyway? I know straight through exhausts ate fitted to cars and in principle its probably acting the same as a straight through exhaust with the centre box and back box removed, a bit like a car with side exits near the front wheel, I don't have any money until next week to get her sorted, will it be safe? Its just a bit loud but to be honest it sounds ok, could I remove the exhaust from under the car and leave it? Will I get damage? Will my ecu go nuts? Its been like it all day and I've been out in my car a lot and no problems? Any advice? As I say I'm skint at the minute and I NEED to drive my car for work but so far no problems? Thanks in advance you lovely helpful people :) 2001 PEUGEOT 307 2.0 HDI 90 RAPIER

·
Registered
202 Posts
if it is after the cats and lambda sensors, it should run okay, it'll obviously just be super loud.

exhausts arent expensive so id recommend just sorting it. if you get noticed by police, it could get you into more serious trouble

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Keep on trucking haha I like that, yeah its after the cat and the lamda sensor is between the cat and manifold I believe so I'm guessing its all ok, as for police, what issues are there with them? Its not really really loud it just sounds a but meaty, the subarus, calibras, cavaliers and vr6s are crazy loud and mines nowhere near as loud as that? I don't think noise pollution will be an issue? And like I said I'm skint til next payday and cant buy a straight through pipe with decat as were having a baby and misses will go bonkers if I do that hahaha

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Leave it on as it is secure and at least you have a tail pipe in view. Your main problem will be the exhaust gasses getting into the car from underneath as one of the main purposes of any exhaust is to ensure the gasses exhaust clear of the car. Can cause drowsiness on a long run so beware!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts