Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Upgrading stereo elements as standard is rubbish!!
Question:
Will the standard wires with connectors through the door close cause me any issues with adding an amp and upgrading the speakers?
Are the standard cables up to it? If not how have you fed new cables in to the doors?

·
Registered
441 Posts
Hi all,
Upgrading stereo elements as standard is rubbish!!
Question:
Will the standard wires with connectors through the door close cause me any issues with adding an amp and upgrading the speakers?
Are the standard cables up to it? If not how have you fed new cables in to the doors?
How much power are you talking?

Been running 75W/channel through the stock wiring on a 206 for 13 years w/o issues. (ran wires from amp to a new ISO socket and plugged that to the stock ISO plug in the centre console, using the stock wire from there to the speakers.)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My system is capable of 220w per channel but I'm only at about half power even when I 'turn it up' so I'd probably be looking max around 100w and that's not very often.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Generally speaking, 50w RMS across 4 channels with 90dB efficiency speakers is deafening.

The stock wiring can handle that without issue (I run 45w RMS per channel in my 407)

If you are going crazy...above 90w RMS then re-wiring is a must.

206 wiring, if it's like the 306 was a much thicker gauge :D

·
Registered
441 Posts
My system is capable of 220w per channel but I'm only at about half power even when I 'turn it up' so I'd probably be looking max around 100w and that's not very often.
Also remember, for every 3dB of sound pressure you need to double the power (or speaker area pushed by the same power). For a doubling of the perceived (by human) volume, you need 10dB - or about 10x the power...
It is definitely rare to draw max power for any length of time with real music (not like dB drag with constant full volume notes...)

But with that power, I'd probably run new wire. I'd look to see if the contact elements that go into the door/pillar plug/socket are available separately and if so, remove the present ones and crimp new ones onto beefier wire, and then insert them into the vacated slots in the plug/socket.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Standard wiring is fine, but you can run new wiring if you like through the door. Accessibility was an issue last time I tried it, so I'm going to clean up my wiring and I'll post pics - If It looks good :nod:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts