Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, looking for a bit of advice/guidance/ideas. I have just finished a cylinder head rebuild on a 2005 1.4 16v petrol 47k miles, including timing belt kit. Now on restart its idle is all over the place jumping wildly up and down between 800 and 2000. It will sometimes drop and stall but will also rev freely on the throttle.
I've only run it a few times for a couple of minutes as its still on stands whilst I do a radiator and oil flush. I'm hoping if I run it a while it will settle down. I'm pretty confident that the timing is not the issue.
Any suggestions ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
For anyone who read this and wondered what the answer was ...... got a diagnostic on the car and it gave the code P0011 camshaft A over advanced or system fault.

I rechecked the timing which was spot on then removed and cleaned the OCV (oil control valve) which is on the drivers side top of the head and affects the VVT (variable valve timing on inlet). It didn't seem dirty but after I put it back in it ran like a sweetie.

·
Registered
116 Posts
For anyone who read this and wondered what the answer was ...... got a diagnostic on the car and it gave the code P0011 camshaft A over advanced or system fault.

I rechecked the timing which was spot on then removed and cleaned the OCV (oil control valve) which is on the drivers side top of the head and affects the VVT (variable valve timing on inlet). It didn't seem dirty but after I put it back in it ran like a sweetie.
Glad you got it fixed.
I have a 2005 1.6 16v. Is it just the 1.4 that has the VVT?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not sure about the 1.6 but if the 2 camshaft sprockets look very different (the inlet looks more solid and has a big nut cover in the centre) then I'd guess it is.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts