Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have posted before about he wifes (2005 307 1.6 HDi 110BHP) car having rough idle and on Monday its off to a friend of a friends garage for some servicing. Previous garages we have used said the clutch was on its way out & the gearbox was going the same way. I have already changed the glow plugs, glow plug relay & fuel filter. The previous garage changed the fuel cap sensor. So on Monday we have a list for the guy to do
1) Change oil & oil filter
2) Change air & cabin filter
3) Change the gearbox oil
4) Check EGR valve and clean if required
5) Check rattle from rear of car
6) Check knocking at front
7) Thoughts on clutch & gearbox

If the garage say the clutch and gearbox are ok I am going to get the egr & dpf removed and a remap done.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok garage phoned and said the flywheel is causing the judder. He also removed the heat shield from the rear of the car causing the rattle, changed the drop link causing the knocking from the front. He said the handbrake cables are both needing changed so changing them. Got the clutch & flywheel from Eurocarparts for £326 if you use "spring20" you get 20% off. So getting the car booked in ASAP.

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
How many hour labour is it to change a clutch in a 307??
it is quite a big job on that car, just done mine and it was tricky to get the gearbox off i only paid 220 for solid flywheel and clutch and me and my mate fitted it, im doing same as you having dpf and egr off

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it is quite a big job on that car, just done mine and it was tricky to get the gearbox off i only paid 220 for solid flywheel and clutch and me and my mate fitted it, im doing same as you having dpf and egr off
Going for another dmf & clutch. Doubt we will have the car in 2 to 3 years time so not wanting the solid flywheel. So people say 6 hours some people say 8. The garage I use only change £54 per hour so should be around the £300ish mark.

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Going for another dmf & clutch. Doubt we will have the car in 2 to 3 years time so not wanting the solid flywheel. So people say 6 hours some people say 8. The garage I use only change £54 per hour so should be around the £300ish mark.
i dunno why you are going for dmf when a solid one is cheaper and lasts forever

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i dunno why you are going for dmf when a solid one is cheaper and lasts forever
I heard a few stories about solid ones and tbh if we are only keeping the car a few more years it won't affect us again. The car has done 74k and this is the first time the clutch has bothered us. Like I said we got the clutch and flywheel for £326 when it should have been £407. Going to get the car booked in for next week.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts