Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it started 1 week ago, it was not very cold at that point.
Yesterday it was quite cold and it did sound more.
Today it was ever worse. Could it be the cold? If not, what could it be? Cost of fixing it?

Video from a few days back ->

·
5,087 Posts
I had an Iveco van that did this, used to stop if i pulled upwards on the steering wheel, something was dry between steering wheel and cowling, we just sprayed 'stuff' in there until it stopped.

IT WAS A COMPANY VAN NOT MINE IF YOU SPRAY STUFF RANDOMLY AROUND YOUR CAR ITS YOUR FAULT NOT MINE IF IT BREAKS :thumb:

S

·
0 Posts
I've had this before, I just slightly adjusted the angle and...I don't know the word for this... farness out... of the steering wheel

The way I had it I must have been putting a specific pressure on it to make a noise!

edit: extension? is that the word I'm looking for? Yeah i'll go with that!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've had this before, I just slightly adjusted the angle and...I don't know the word for this... farness out... of the steering wheel

The way I had it I must have been putting a specific pressure on it to make a noise!

edit: extension? is that the word I'm looking for? Yeah i'll go with that!

Did you fix it? Could i fix this myself and save some money?

S

·
0 Posts
Yeah, I just angled the steering wheel down slightly and extended it slightly aswell, so all I had to do in the end is get used to the new position of my wheel! :D

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I just angled the steering wheel down slightly and extended it slightly aswell, so all I had to do in the end is get used to the new position of my wheel! :D
I was thinking of this. Will try this asap when i finish my work.

thanks m8 :)

S

·
0 Posts
No worries, I'm not saying that will cure it but it shut my noisy wheel up!

Let us know how you get on :thumb:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts