Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The temp needle goes a bit haywire. Studying it closely this morning, as I was hurtling down the motorway at 90 - it whizzed from cold to hot (being normal temp) in seconds and then slowly went down again.

This afternoon, all seems normal (whatever that is).

Any i deers.

J

·
0 Posts
Check dash connections first. i have a non-working fuel needle. They've checked the fuel sender unit and thats fine. Leaves the ecu between sender and needle, or the dash electric. My previous car, a 306, had a lot of things not working within the dash, and that just got pulled out and connections checked, all got sorted after that.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got the good old 3 beeps on the M56 this morning - looked at the temp needle it was right over to the red - the display said 'COOLANT TEMPERATURE TOO HIGH' and the STOP light lit on the instruments.

So I selected 4th and razzed hell out of the engine.

Seconds later - it goes back to 'normal'.

So it looks like a new temp sensor is needed, DW10TD - any1 got the part number I need?

Ta very muchley indeedee doodley.

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
Got the good old 3 beeps on the M56 this morning - looked at the temp needle it was right over to the red - the display said 'COOLANT TEMPERATURE TOO HIGH' and the STOP light lit on the instruments.

So I selected 4th and razzed hell out of the engine.

Seconds later - it goes back to 'normal'.

So it looks like a new temp sensor is needed, DW10TD - any1 got the part number I need?

Ta very muchley indeedee doodley.
Wouldn`t you have laughed if she had blown up :lol:

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Knowing the history of this car - I'm half expecting the engine to fall out. Although bizarrely enough it passed the mot no problems last week :eek:.

The French Automotive industry should hand their heads in shame,:mad: manufacturing piles of poo like this. Admittedly it does look stylish.:cool:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Slightly off topic but what does everyone's oil temp sit at?? Mine usually sits at 100, but since my oil change when I sit at 90 on the motorway(obviously not in this country) it will go 1 blob up to the next one.

Anything to be worried about??

Cheers

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
your temp gauge should sit dead halfway or just below...if above you got an issue such as the temp gauge, thermostat or not enough coolant...get it looked at before you blow something.

J

·
0 Posts
100 isn't particularly high to me... the 407 has 6 markers between 90 and 140 - why 6 who knows :confused: would be better with 5 :thumb:
Anyway, mine normally sits just past the 2nd marker, so approx 105degC. If I'm on a motorway run, or decide to put my foot down on hills for a while, then this will rise approx 5degC. These are all slightly below the vertical half way marker. Unless the 307 is designed for a different temperature, what you've described doesn't seem out of place to me.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Handy tip - the sensor is held in place by a circlip. If you push the circlip fully home, it will not 'grab' the sensor et voila you have a leak. The circlip should be pushed fully home and then backed off a tad, you will then find that the sensor is correctly fitted and that there are no leaks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts