Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick question for those in the know , has the 3008 got the ability for wi-fi or not , can you use Google on it and can you search with it ?? , just like to know ??

·
Registered
683 Posts
Just a quick question for those in the know , has the 3008 got the ability for wi-fi or not , can you use Google on it and can you search with it ?? , just like to know ??
I have to admit I don't understand why the car has wifi you cant connect to the cars sim which seems only to allow data for the TomTom Live service and allows the use of SOS and Peugeot connect. I can tether my phone to the cars wifi I have no idea of the point in doing this as it doesn't seem to let me do anything. Possibly a firmware update will unlock other features or allow updating the firmware and maps but these are such big files 8GB for the map alone I cant see this happening. Could be an idea in development that will never see the light of day. I don't know and cant find the answers, I have looked before.

·
Registered
620 Posts
You can WiFi into your home wifi although I'm not sure I like the idea of a car connected to the internet with only the cable provider 'firewall'..

So that normally spends it's time switched off.

·
Registered
683 Posts
You can WiFi into your home wifi although I'm not sure I like the idea of a car connected to the internet with only the cable provider 'firewall'..

So that normally spends it's time switched off.
Even it we did connect the car to our home WIFI there still isn't anything we can do with it in the car. I have my cable router in modem mode and use a separate router and route all my traffic through a VPN

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
It's the Tesla method I thought, enabling software updates apparently.
Surely it's the future and I wouldn't complain about Peugeot being up with the times, if that is the case.
The updated version of my TomTom updates speed cameras via your home WiFi, so, if you need to do that to your inbuilt one, how else can you do that other than your home system?.
I'd be hoping there will be a way of getting my current quarterly map updates for the car's that way too.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Wi-Fi clarification

As i own a Nissan Qushqai ( which is going soon 3008 on the way end of May ) when the data is switched on my phone and the Nissan connect app is on my phone which is connected via Bluetooth to my car , i can then use the apps on the QQ , like search etc , i can speak to the car , saying something like " Biggles Hotel " it will then come up with the option of taking me there via satnav or calling the hotel , i can also see my Twitter account Facebook and Google online search , this is what i am really asking about , can the Peugeot 3008 system do things like that ??..sory for the confusion !!

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
apps

There may be no apps on it , but from what i have found you can use some of the apps via your phone using the Mirror Screen .....now a bit of understanding !!

MirrorLink turns the promise of the connected car into reality. Simply connect any MirrorLink-enabled smartphone to any MirrorLink-enabled vehicle, and take advantage of easier and more responsible access to navigation, music and phone apps while you drive. The apps run on the smartphone, but you see them on the dashboard display and hear the audio via the car's speakers.

With MirrorLink, huge icons make apps easy to use and you can control navigation, music and more as easily as turning on a blinker. Designed for maximum interoperability between a wide range of cars and smartphones, MirrorLink makes connected driving easier, safer and more enjoyable.

MirrorLink is the leading industry standard for car-smartphone connectivity. It is already available on more cars and smartphones around the world than any other method of connectivity.

www.mirrorlink.com

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
As i own a Nissan Qushqai ( which is going soon 3008 on the way end of May ) when the data is switched on my phone and the Nissan connect app is on my phone which is connected via Bluetooth to my car , i can then use the apps on the QQ , like search etc , i can speak to the car , saying something like " Biggles Hotel " it will then come up with the option of taking me there via satnav or calling the hotel , i can also see my Twitter account Facebook and Google online search , this is what i am really asking about , can the Peugeot 3008 system do things like that ??..sory for the confusion !!
Sorry, I'm pre social media and in any case why would you want a wifi capability for that when your phone does it?.
I know nothing though

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
wi-fi ??

Opps seems i got summit wrong , here is the update on my question ..

MirrorLink turns the promise of the connected car into reality. Simply connect any MirrorLink-enabled smartphone to any MirrorLink-enabled vehicle, and take advantage of easier and more responsible access to navigation, music and phone apps while you drive. The apps run on the smartphone, but you see them on the dashboard display and hear the audio via the car's speakers.

With MirrorLink, huge icons make apps easy to use and you can control navigation, music and more as easily as turning on a blinker. Designed for maximum interoperability between a wide range of cars and smartphones, MirrorLink makes connected driving easier, safer and more enjoyable.

MirrorLink is the leading industry standard for car-smartphone connectivity. It is already available on more cars and smartphones around the world than any other method of connectivity.

MirrorLink

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.