Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is why all our insurance costs are so high.

On December 14th I had some knob Jockey run in to the back of my car on the M65. I was slowing down at the end of the motorway, long line of slow moving traffic in front - doing approx 20mph when he hit me. Police estimate his speed to be about 40-45mph. His excuse to the officer, sorry I was playing with the radio...DOH!

Damage was fairly superficial - smashed bumper, crumpled boot floor & twisted tailgate meaning it cant be opened (no great loss there) No Damage to chassis or lights meaning it can be driven, Cable ties & gaffer tape from boot to make a quick bodge job.

Still drives superb.

Spoke to insurance company - claiming off the guy that ran in to me. Within 5 days insurance assessor has a look at it & prepares estimate, next day receives authority to repair. As it's Christmas they cant do it before shut down booked in to be repaired 9th January. Still driving it so not bothered

Insurance company yesterday decided to drop off a courtesey car, despite knowing that it wont go in till Jan.

A virtually brand new Alfa Romeo Guillietta Clover Leaf 170bhp diesel has now landed & is sat on my drive cluttering the place up. I now have three perfectly driveable cars at my disposal & a GSXR750K3 in the garage (thats another story - insurance companies & the government say motorbikes are dangerous but it cost 70% less to insure than the 307 XSi hdi 136).

This replacement car is costing the other party £84+vat per day to be sat on my drive until Jan 9th ( Took it for a spin & its bloody awful to drive, does 36mg compared to 51 for the Pug, is cramped, dark & dismal inside - beautiful to look at though)

Now if it only takes 7 days to get mine repaired it will have cost the other side 25 days car hire - total of over £2500!!! this is without the repairs to my 307 so are probably, by the time its finished be looking at four grand plus.

Despite telling the insurance company I didnt want it yet they would not listen & to cap it all I have been hounded by companies including my own insurance company, trying to get me to put in an injury claim
(I have politely told them to F**** Off - I dont do that sort of thing, one day I may be badly injured & there is no money left in the kitty!!!!)

This is why all our insurance is so expensive!!:mad:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, this gets better by the day. Insurance company ring me on new years eve, they have a courtesy car available & can get it to me within the hour. It took me 20 minutes to convince them that they had dropped an Alfa Romeo off (which I didnt need, read above) on Christmas Eve. They kept insisting that I didnt have one.

This Tuesday they called me again to say they had a car for me.....started to lose my rag when the young lady said 'I know you have the Alfa, but we need it back as its been sold'

Within 2 hours a driver had collected the Alfa & dropped me off a brand new, £32,000 61 plate Audi A4 Tdi S-Line. This is now costing the other insurance company £110 + vat per day.

Bear in mind that my 307 does not go in to the garage until Monday & I have been driving it with no problems. I hated the Alfa, it was crap. The Audi on the other hand is superb & I am now a touch (well a lot) spoiled

Now what would be the chances of the Insurance company forgetting that I had the Audi? hhhhmmmmmmmmm............

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
Sounds like a lot of fun lol I'd wait till you get a letter from the third party solicitor saying your partial to blame for the accident, this happened to a mate of mine whilst I was in the RAF and because there was no photo, videos or witnesses to say otherwise he was taken to court and the insurance was then made 50/50. It didn't bother him much as his NCB was protected and he can 3 strikes against him before he loses it. But also wait for your renewal, they will already add the crash to your file and you have to declare it, even if it wasn't your fault...that's where your premium goes up. But anyways its been about year now since my accident and I still get messages and phone calls asking to claim for injury, yet it was just me involved!!! Its the insurance company selling the details to make more money.

J

·
0 Posts
its been about year now since my accident and I still get messages and phone calls asking to claim for injury
Been 2.5yrs since mine, and still they ring up trying to tell me that there are outstanding monies available for me to make a personal injury claim.... its was 2.5yrs ago, all is long sorted :mad:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts