Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys - ive got a peugeot 307 1.6hdi 04 plate 110bhp model. I noticed that the pipe attached to the back of the radiator...see pic...is flattened.....is that normal ?...or has it been bent somehow, ie like a accident, car is hpi clear and is low mileage 51000..ta

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
At a guess someone moved the engine forward when changing the clutch (51k ? ), did this once myself but i don`t have a pipe there so i burst the radiator.:eek:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
thanks guys....so its just a water pipe ?...can i remove that section and straighten it out ?...would i get an air lock in the system ?...
ive also noticed that my fan kicks in a lot, the other day i drove around 3 or 4 miles, i had the car heating on as well because it was a rainy day...anyway when i parked my car outside my house..the fan was running, must have been around 10 minutes before the fan stopped....the car didnt overheat and the temp guage was normal....cud this be the reason ?

·
Registered
406 Posts
probably best to just renew it rather than trying to straiten it and will be reasonably priced i guess:rolleyes: . Take the oppurtunity to give the engine a coolant change. Chances of an airlock would be slim as it is a pumped system although there was a knack to filling my old 307 2.0 110 hdi.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
zooankski said:
probably best to just renew it rather than trying to straiten it and will be reasonably priced i guess:rolleyes: . Take the oppurtunity to give the engine a coolant change. Chances of an airlock would be slim as it is a pumped system although there was a knack to filling my old 307 2.0 110 hdi.
anyone know what this part is called...went to peugeot dealer , they coudnt identify the part...lol, i did take it off...tried to straighten it but couldnt do it as it stainless steel...put it back on..it isnt a water pipe...had traces of oil in it....probably crank case ventilation system pipe....cleand it out and out it back..

·
Registered
535 Posts
It looks like it comes as one complete piece, 2 rubber hoses joined by one metal one - all nicely round...

The part number shown here is 0382 AZ It is known as "Air Union" However, from what I can make out, there are about 4 different types (all 0382 something) depending upon your car. Go back to the dealer with your VIN number.

Attachments

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
just been to my local peugeot dealer...£138 :eek: !:mad: .....i told him i only need the piece in the middle...dont need the hoses either side..he said its the way they come you have to buy the whole piece.....damm..anyone know of any peugeot breakers around brum..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts