Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Blimey... I had thought for the last few weeks that the car was a bit moist, and last week when I hoovered I found this mess under the rear seats:

I was fairly confused but put it down to magic pixies. Until today. Behold, the source of the wet seat problem:

I didn't exactly plan on spending my Friday night emptying my boot of water with a pint glass, but there you go.

Has anyone experienced this sort of madness before? If you did, please tell me how you solved it :eek:

·
Registered
399 Posts
Pimp my ride had a hot tub in one of there cars too :lol:

My wheel holder has a tennis ball size hole in the middle so it carnt fill up if there's a leak! Don't know why I have but it has :lol:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pimp my ride had a hot tub in one of there cars too :lol:

My wheel holder has a tennis ball size hole in the middle so it carnt fill up if there's a leak! Don't know why I have but it has :lol:
Mine has the the hole, but it has a black cap on it, with yellow sealant to make it water tight :confused: Well anyway I just got back from the main dealer after parting with £37 for a fuel cap presence sensor - and it's raining so I can't fit it. Typical weather.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did you find out where the water was coming from ive got the same problem.One thing i noticed was my spare wheel felt really greasy

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
normally if the edges of the boot carpet are wet and the spare wheel housing is water logged its the rear light seals

i used sealent around mine once i drived the lights and seals out

·
Registered
1 Posts
Water in boot 307

I had the same probs, I removed all bits in the boot and from the back door, when it rained watched as the rain trickled down from the seal around the door glass. Yes I found the leak!!! no just found one leak. I sealed the back lights including middle brake light with a sealant still water was getting in, its the wife car and had intended to put parking sensors in the bumper, that's when I found these air vents both seals had perished so sealant came out again, alsorted no more leaks. I hope this helps someone in the future.:)

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm having same problems. just found small amount of water under the rear seats.
Seats themselves are not wet. Water also in wheel well. Sealed rear lights too.
" I found these air vents both seals had perished" where are these air vents you mention please?
Thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts