Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right guys yet again the fookin thing wont start in the mornings or when been sat for a few hours...

For the record its an '03 307 dturbo..2ltr 110...147,000 miles....

now if i disconnect the hose that goes to the intercooler and blam just a tiny tiny bit of easy start up there it goes straight away and runs fine....do it back up and its a-ok...lol..

Now the time between it actually being ok and not starting is shortening...before it was just overnight i had a problem with...now its getting to be every couple hours...sometimes even straight away, if i turn it off it wont start again without a good ol bit of easy start...(i know..easy start :mad:)...

Ive changed on it so far...new starter, battery, coolant temp sender, fuel filter, air filter, new oil,filter, 1 new injector and today i have just had a text to tell me that my new 'o' ring kit for the regulator on the back of the high pressure pump has arrived at the stealers..ive also got and need to replace the injector seals and plastic protector thingy's...lol...Its also had but unrelated:_ new clutch flywheel (solid), new steering arm and new wishbone passenger side (and i still get a damn knocking noise)

And ive done a leak off test and solved a broken injector

Now the other day it broke down on me and wouldn't start again and threw up P1112, something about the pressure being to high LEAK... towed it home sprayed the good old easy start and its been fine since...although still wont start...Now ive researched this p1112 a little and everyone suggest cleaning fuel pressure reg on pump and the pressure sensor on the rail...but that just has a pin hole so how do i clean it..(sensor on the rail).can i spray something in that hole...What???...

The pump in the tank is fine (it whines anyway when the key is turned and then when the engine is running)...

This deffo feels fuel related...When i wind the ignition it doesnt even try to fire...

Note to self...check pressure on cranking in planet....(forgot)

I'll stop ranting for now to see if anything is obvious to you lot....

Thanks guys...:thumb:

Wow this is long...:eek:

·
Registered
238 Posts
most common problems is an air leak in the fuel line, check the pressure on cranking and see what your getting. you need around 24bar just to start it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Kind of unrelated...the knocking on the passenger side..could that be the anti-roll link/bar?...is the wishbone something different? Sorry, Im a bit clueless..

Mine used to knock and I was told is was the anti roll thing..

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kind of unrelated...the knocking on the passenger side..could that be the anti-roll link/bar?...is the wishbone something different? Sorry, Im a bit clueless..

Mine used to knock and I was told is was the anti roll thing..
With regards to the knocking when the wheel is turned to the right going round roundabouts i get like a deflecting bang if you get what i mean..only mainly when the car is turning right doesn't do it much in a straight line and dont do it turning left....anyway this isnt my most pressing concern but thanks anyway....:thumb:

·
Registered
238 Posts
that bang could be the top bearing on the suspension strut or broken spring or as said before the roll bar bushes, i would start at the top and work down checking for play.

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
if its cranking, like trying to start but wont "kick" it does defo sound fuel related...as for cleaning that pin hole probs some spray on cleaner (alcohol based - to evaporate) and a used toothbrush... thats what i would use.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts