Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the owner of a 406, I used my local dealers to source parts, which unfortunately for me turned out to be Pratt & Geslthorpe of Newark. My areas of concen are that they:

Sold incorrect parts despite being given the chassis VIN number to identify, AND I provided photos of the correct parts AND where they fitted! They refused to accept these incorrect parts back.

Charged £55 for a 'diagnostic check' which only revealed the same results 2 independant garages found (they did not charge as they could not advise what was at fault. The tecnicians advise was to 'see what developed' and that 'harsh acceleration in any car would cause problems'. Sadly I was unable to collect my car in person otherwise I would have told the tecnicial what a useless pratt he really was.

Failed to sell me a car because despite being repetedly advised I was buying a car, he was more interested in attempting to sell it to my mother. I'm 28 for god sake. I stormed off in disgust.

After contacting the dealer principal I have had suck pearls of wisdom as 'the tecnician in unable to recall making these remarks', 'this is our standard fee', no comment on effectively stealing £55 and the cost of parts.

Peugeot UK state that 'we have no control over our dealers, they independant companies'. This is pure bull, the dealers are agents in that were Peugeot acting responsible, they would withdraw the dealer status from those rogue traders. Peugeot France refer the matter back to Peugeot UK, who repeat the same company line and advise I contact the dealer principal. He has not answered any question for months. Now the matter is in the hands of my solicitor.

If anyone is going through the decision to purchase a Peugeot car...please bear this in mind. If you have ANY problem, Peugeot as a company will not help.

I have purchased a brand new vehicle from an alternative manufacturer, and am delighted. My household did have 3 Peugeot vehicles, that is now 2. Unfortunately my mother has had a similar experience and that will fall to 1.

My work runs a fleet of vans...they are assesing several manufacturers products...guess what? No Peugeots though...

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm with you dave9r, Peugoet never again, and ash, I agree with you, that is too bad, if Peugeots are not all bad then it is too bad for Peugeot I will never buy another car even touched by them.

Pu-Got

1 - 3 of 3 Posts