Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:nono:

hi there i have brought a new system that i wanted to fit in my 307 car as the stereo i have brought doesn not hold the same connection as the orignal Stereo the ISO Lead i had to get a adapter! as i had connected all the wires all of a sudden all he lights came on the dashboard and wipers. i switched teh car off and disconnected the batt overnight! and in the morning i tried starting the car and it had the same problem all the lights come on and stay on the car does not start at all! it tell me in the display that there is some econmic mode active? all the wires where connected in right so i dont seem to undersatand!:(

·
Registered
256 Posts
The joys of DIY, you need to take it in to peugeot to have the system scanned and reloaded to update the software to allow for the new system!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
It could be a simple case of a wiring issue with the wiring harness. I noticed when changing between my TD 405 to a HDi406 the radio wiring required a bit of optimisation before the radio worked correctly. It took a few minutes with a digital volt meter, the radio manual and the wiring diagrams in the haynes manual to work out the correct wiring.

The final solution was to change the pins around in the ISO connector.

I also added my Nokia hands free kit wiring to the loom as well. :)

... There is a little more to this DIY thing than pushing a couple of connectors together ...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts