Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With over 15000 members I cannot believe there are so few posts per day? if only 0.5% of the members used this forum each day we would get 75 posts per day.

The forums should be full of photos, discussions & swapping of tips & tricks, but too many just browse.

Of all the forums I've been involved with (Peugeot, Fiat & Renault) this has been the the one with the least activity, especially confusing seing the popularity of the Peugeot brand.:confused:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Must agree Steve. Ive just joined this forum in the hope of finding some info on the 107, owners experiences etc. Im thinking of buying a fiat 500 and have been on the fiat forum which is overflowing with posts about that car, and was hoping for a similar type of thing on here about the 107 which i am also considering. Seems no one feels passionate about their Peugeot the way Fiat owners do! I have a 307 SW diesel too and its the best car ive ever had, both my wife and I love it. Shame this forum isnt that active!

·
Registered
122 Posts
I agree with you here, the problem that i see here is that people only register, post a problem up and then there done with the forum until they have another problem by that time they have forgotten there details and just re-register with a different user name which just adds to the non active user list. Im going to put an idea to the admin which will create a new section, which in turn will have a posting agreement etc, nothing too complicated but will in the end create more discussion and help the active users to be on the increase once more. Regards whistler

·
Registered
3 Posts
Cool itll be interesting to see whether it makes any difference! I know it said somewhere else about how the forums are arranged too, maybe it would be a good idea to have a section per car model rather than body style, as it would be a lot easier to find posts about the 107 say, if there was a section called 107! Maybe more people would be encouraged to post, browse and reply if it was more immediately obvious where info was. I thought I was missing something when I couldnt find any posts on the 107, Im surprised as you see loads of em on the road and they are cheap, chic and I assumed a car that would inspire a following!

·
Registered
122 Posts
thanks for posting that link, but we dont need adverts on this page that will detter people from posting on this forum, it doesnt take 24 hours to turn a forum around, its hard work moderating every post and topic and re-catorgorizing the forums, i did a stint the other week, i did around 15 pages, from the 20 something in the general topic, but by the time you get to the end of moving things around, and asking people to post in the correct areas, no one listens and you just have to start again, i took this role on t help out but doesnt look like im getting any backing from the admin team.
In my opinion the forum needs closing for a week, and all parts of the team help out sorting the forum out so when re-opened it is alot easier to stay on top rather than me fighting a losing battle. Personally think this forum needs a major re-think or we will lose a dramatic number of our members to other rival forums. Thanks whistler

·
Registered
862 Posts
This has been a problem for a long time now,the fact of the matter is at one point there was only one or two of us offering up some answers,more people asked for possible solutions,got what they were looking for then left,hence the high number of members.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm guilty of being one of those who just joined because I had a problem.

However, I have replaced my beloved Spaz with a 107 that I am picking up tomorrow so maybe I'll stick around.

Maybe... I adored my 206, the 107 is just a car, I got it because I needed something cheap quickly that was cheap to run and *in theory* shouldn't fall apart as much as Spaz tended to.

·
Registered
862 Posts
iiisecondcreep said:
I'm guilty of being one of those who just joined because I had a problem.

However, I have replaced my beloved Spaz with a 107 that I am picking up tomorrow so maybe I'll stick around.

Maybe... I adored my 206, the 107 is just a car, I got it because I needed something cheap quickly that was cheap to run and *in theory* shouldn't fall apart as much as Spaz tended to.

Good luck with the 107 :thumb:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts