Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi - ive recently noticed that the fan stays on a lot in my 307 1.6 hdi 2004 car..is that normal or is it a fault ?...car doesnt overheat, temp gauge stays constantly around 80 degrees, no coolant loss...no overheating issues what so ever...even if i drive a few miles the fan kicks in...any ideas y or is that normal....ta

·
Super Moderator
1,760 Posts
Try turning the air-con off. Sometimes the fan will run to cool the a/c rad.

·
Super Moderator
1,760 Posts
If you are driving in constant traffic it may be normal enough. If you are always up to speed then not.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
stevoxsi said:
If you are driving in constant traffic it may be normal enough. If you are always up to speed then not.
just would like to know if other members who have the same car are subject to this...if this is normal, its so bloody annoying, the other night i came home late, parked my car ouside my house and it sounded like a jet engine as the fan was running for at least 10 minutes...

·
Super Moderator
1,760 Posts
Mine is a 2.0hdi 136. No fan. Had a 2.0hdi 110. No fan. Got my wifes cousin a 1.6 110hdi. No fan.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Fan Tastic

I have had my 03 reg 1600se Auto for more than 6 months now. I had to get out & go listen at the radiator to convince myself it was working at first last summer.

The only fan I ever hear is the heater/aircon blower which is most welcome.

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
i have heard a fan only a few times, especially in the recent hot weather, after travelling down the A1 for about 45 miles, stopped, switched engine off and there is a fan going, only on for about 10 mins then shuts off.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hi i have a 56 plate 307 sw se 1.6 hdi 90bhp and i have never heard the fan even on long trips it never overheats the only time ive heard the fan is when the ac is on but the ac does come on on its own when the temp is set to low :)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
must be something wrong with mine...yesterday i drove back from my cricket match...drove only 5 miles back home..no traffic whatsoever...parked my car and the fan was running for a good 10 minutes before it switched off...anybody know where the temp switch is ?

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
id say it was running fine, like i say mine stays on for 10 mins then shuts off. especially on these days of hot temperatures, what i have also learned is that the engine management light stays on a few seconds longer when starting the engine, if the coolant level is a little low.

i would leave it mate untill it fucks up totally, such as it wont go off at all... i bet if you wait till it was cooler, such as lower than 10 degrees (winter) i bet the fan wont come on at all. the reason i say this, is there has been a few people coming on and saying the same problem, but it all started when we got the heat wave or what ever so im guessing its just the engine cooling itself...if you know what i mean.

hope this is of some use.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hi guys - im getting fed up with this fan that seems to come on almost everytime i come to a junction or roundabout or basically stop. Yesterday
drove my car from cold after it had been parked up for 3 hours. I drove home about 5 miles , not very hot evening, no traffic, yet i noticed that as soon as the temp gauge got to around 80 degrees the fan kicked in, as i drove i dont know if the fan stayed on cos im driving, and i came to a junction, traffic lights, roundabout or any temp stop the fan would kick in again, this happened all the way home...fan was still running for at least 10 minutes after i had parked the car..im thinking of selling my car...as this fan is very annoying..sureley this cannot be right...like i said before , no coolant loss, or overheating issues..will changing the temp sensor/switch make any difference ?

·
Registered
488 Posts
Is your 307 1.6hdi a 90 bhp or 110bhp..??
If its the 110bhp it will have a dpf which uses the cooling fan during a dpf regen....the best bet is to get it on planet or equivalent diagnostics and see
what the average distance between regens are,a diagnostic check should also bring up any faults that are logged....:)
Ron.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
mine is a 2004 1.6hdi 110bhp 5 door hatch..it has 55K on the clock...i suppose peugeot will charge a packet just to hook it up to a computer...?...no faults or lights light up...whats a dpf ?...:eek: ..excuse my ignorance...

·
Registered
488 Posts
The dpf stands for "diesel partical filter"...maybe post your location and
maybe someone here with planet can help..:)
if your dpf is blocked peugeot will recommend you replace the dpf and maybe
top your eloys tank (Additive tank) which can work out expensive.
but before we come to any conclusions you really need a diagnostic check.
Ron.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
bettyswollocks said:
Something not right would think a temp sensor might be next stop.
can someone please tell me where the TEMPERATURE SENDER SWITCH is located on my 2004 1.6hdi....? is it possible that i may have a a airlock somewhere ?.....i was thinking of jacking up the car and removing the top and bottom of the radiator hoses off and then flushing it with a hose pipe...was gonna do the same with the water reservoir as well...would it make any difference..?....there is definately something not right here as the fan started to kick in even from cold..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts