Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! I've loved pugs for years and am now on my 5th. (2000 Speedfight 2 scooter, 1998 306 d-turbo, 1996 106d escapade, 2003 110hdi 307 rapier and my current car a 2006 (facelift) 136hdi 307 xsi.) I'm sure though you are all aware that there are better built cars out there (sorry but you know it's true!:D ) so why a pug? For me I always liked the look of them and as far as I'm concerned no other car can combine the handling and ride comfort better than peugeot but it's always in the back of my mind, what'll break next! So what attracted you to these wonderful but sometimes very flawed cars?:confused:

·
Registered
71 Posts
My pug was a rush decision for me. The mot and tax was away to expire on the hrv and i was due to give birth the following week!
Wanted something with a high spec but couldnt afford a renaultsport or the highest spec St170 so i got the pug. Not the best way to choose a car but it does the job.

·
Registered
387 Posts
We've had 5

2002 Agean blue 110 hdi / 2002 Silver 1.4 petrol / 2003 China blue 110 hdi / 2004 Onyx black 110 hdi & finally the Salamanca orange 2005 136 hdi xsi

What drew us to them?

They looked quite nice from the outside, nice cabin on the inside & like a tardis on the inside, nice and spacey.

G

·
I've had 10 old pus and 9 new or nearly new. I've always had good value, good reliabilty, reasonable running costs, above average levels of standard equipment, but mainly they're generally a charismatic alternative to Ford or Poxhaul drudgery.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
This is my 1st peugeot. I bought it because i was desperate for a set of wheels and it was the only diesel that the garage had for sale.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I was driving through a small village in my dying Volvo S80 and pulled up behind a 407SW at a set of traffic lights. I had been looking for a diesel estate and was considering a Mondeo or a Mazda. The more I looked at the 407 ahead of me, the more I liked the idea and I added it to the list of possibilities.

I then went looking for reviews and reports on all three. It turns out that they are much of a muchness on performance, reliability (yes, even the Mazda diesel) and economy. So I looked for what I could buy for the money I had. I then found a 407SW at a price I couldn’t refuse. Went I saw it in real life, the exterior and the mechanics were A1 but the inside looked like a tribe of vomiting goats had lived in it. I reasoned that there was not much that a good valet wouldn't cure and paid £1500 under book price. Once reasonably cleaned, it became perfectly acceptable. :thumb:

G

·
The Mazda 6 diesel is essentially the same motor as the 407 and Mondeo. The valvetrain was redesigned to make it quieter, and compression is up a touch, but aside from that they're identical, so it's natural that reliability and longevity will be on a par with its brethren.

Why do people let the inside of their motors get so minging? It's just bone idle laziness, and hits you in the wallet come sale time. Glad you did the decent thing and treated the old girl to a bath.

·
Super Moderator
1,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
zooankski said:
Simply thought the 307 was a very nice looking car and you got a lot for your money:D
Thats definately true! I bought my 3yr old 307 xsi for £6.5k and it has half leather, cruise control, cd changer, auto lights and wipers, the list goes on and on! I keep finding things too like the drawers under the seats! While waiting on the missus the other day i realised you can make the orange and black on the radio/trip display swop so its black on orange instead! It's the small things that amuse me.... leccy folding mirrors? Hours of fun!:D

·
Registered
71 Posts
LOL, I just found these drawers last week too!
I love the 'leccy mirrors and the auto wipers. How do i know if my Xsi has the auto lights? :confused:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Had a 205 as my first car and loved it. Had a 1.4 306 next and really loved it. Iv tried a few different makes over the years but im now back with my old faithful 306's. Don't think you can beat it for economy and practicality. Cheap tax cause of small engine but still nippy. Don't like it at the moment though:mad: Have posted problem in the 306 section. Pleeease someone help me:thumb:

·
Registered
387 Posts
gemma74 said:
I love the 'leccy mirrors and the auto wipers. How do i know if my Xsi has the auto lights? :confused:
As far as I can remember, you can access the auto headlight options in your display menu, I think it can also be done by:

To Disarm or Activate the Automatic Headlights function

1. Place the key in the accesories position (1st notch)
2. Change the stalk position to 0
3. Press the end of the stalk for more than 2 seconds.

When disarming/ arming the function is accompanied by an audible signal.

·
Super Moderator
1,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
gemma74 said:
All the xsi's should have auto lights. If it's the old shape it'll be as said above. If it's the facelift model you go in through the computer.
Press menu on the radio, go in to the right hand menu then it should bring up a lighting menu. You can access the auto light setting through this. There are loads of things to play with in these menus. You can even choose to have the back wiper come on or not when you put it in reverse with the front wipers on!:thumb:

Have a fiddle sometime when you are waiting on someone. If you get bored in a high spec 307 it's your own fault! :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
This is my first peugeot and bought it as my existing car, Alfa 156, was going to cost a bomb to put through its MOT. Picked the 307cc as I think there a good looking car and on the back of that a good friend has had several pugs over the years and loved very one of them.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts