Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys

I have noticed that a large number of seemingly good cars are getting broken up for spares.

You only need to look even on ebay to see many cars up for breaking with ALL PARTS AVAILABLE so no accident damage.

So...why? Is there some bad news around the corner with electronics that make thse beyond economical repair?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Breaking-2002...=65:10|66:4|39:1|240:1318|301:0|293:1|294:200

They cannot all be stolen!

David

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
I was gonna say maybe a huge engine failure but even thats up for grabs!

I have no idea why that one would go to the breakers, gotta be something insurance related?

Or as you said it could be cut your losses before it gets too over the top for repair bills!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
scotsguy said:
probly not worth all the hasssle people are having with them lol

You could have hit the nail on the head.

Its a sad reflection if thats true... that something so "new" cannot be ecconomically be repaired.

So much for the "make do and mend" philosophy...

David

·
Registered
29 Posts
Its pretty crazy to see all the cars go to the breakers, with a little work these could be daily runners.....but there is a positivee side to all this though, if you buy an accidnet damaged car or a vehicle that just needs some TLC then you have access to loads of cheap parts,

i use fleabay loads to get the bits i need like a cracked rear light lens and stuff, cheap and easy to buy parts from ebay listings like those listed....

i like the make do and mend philosophy....( but maybe thats because i was born in yorkshire ):lol:

·
Registered
239 Posts
we have become a throw away society,

I was offered £450 for my Lexus ls 400 nothing wrong with it just an old lady so I stripped it and sold parts on fleabay end result was 4K£££

edit* all the breakers are in it and making mega bucks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We break apparently good cars so we can make 3 or 4 times their value selling the parts. Simples!

·
Registered
4 Posts
after workin in a scrappers for many years i can say that many very nice cars go thru our place and many are either section 165 or section 163 aka no tax (not allowed back on road) or no insurance (can go back on road) at one point we had in a next to brand new audi A3 which didnt have the slightest mark on it but because it was no tax it had to be broke.

·
Registered
36 Posts
It's becoming commonplace with motorbike too, There's more money in breaking them than selling them whole!

Some companies now just buy brand new bikes and strip them down to sell on as parts. They can easily double their money by doing this:eek:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.