Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys..

The title really says it all.

Okay i want to get a question thats asked alot from the newbies answered by the pros themselfs.

Blow off valves / Dump valves / whistle poppers.. whatever there called.

On a 307. 1.6Hdi 110 garret supplied turbo... where on earth would i install a littlle valve that makes the heads turn on the streets.

I know what ya all thinking.. 'silly old bint asking questions about loosing pressure to impress'..

Well i like the noise and from round where i live, everyones into the noises between gears (aslong as its nothing like a big phat klunk).

So guys or girls... where would i fit a dump valve in my engine bay to make me a whooshy whooshy noise.. like to get it cleared up for not just me but others wanting to know.

:)

·
Registered
14,281 Posts
Dump valves don't work on diesels as they need a restriction in the inlet on a petrol engine this is the throttle valve when it shuts under boost the boost has to be vented hence the dump valve
on a diesel there is no restriction so nothing to dump !!

Ok there are ways to get the sound on a diesel but really whats the point all you are going to achieve is a blown turbo again !!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dump valves don't work on diesels as they need a restriction in the inlet on a petrol engine this is the throttle valve when it shuts under boost the boost has to be vented hence the dump valve
on a diesel there is no restriction so nothing to dump !!

Ok there are ways to get the sound on a diesel but really whats the point all you are going to achieve is a blown turbo again !!
you seem to be the only one on this site llol..

okay then maybe that is not an option to have

G

·
0 Posts
You can buy 'fake' BOVs so you get the sound, the feeling of 'fitting in' and also the reward in the trouser department....

I wanted one too, I didn't realize they didn't work on diseasels :(

·
Registered
522 Posts
Sounds like the early sixties when we boy racers, not the thing for girlies in those days :) used to fit big bore exhausts to our flat as a f*rt minis, oh to be young again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts