Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Phoned a dealer and was told yes they could do it but need to take the log book with me. Phoned to make sure they could do it while i wait but was told they do not cut them, go to a big locksmith.
Phoned a locksmith and he can only do certain keys..........what gives.

I have bought my own blank from ebay

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
yeah because on certain cars, such as peugeot, they need to be coded and paired to the car. the code will be located on a credit card style with a scratch card layer...if you dont have one, im sure bettyswollocks will help if you ask nicely :lol: you will also need someone with planet to program the key etc.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Mine has the flick out style key and one of the fobs is worn so it doesn't flick any more - I have seen replacement fobs on Fleabay that will allow me to put the guts from my existing fob in OK - so that takes care of the immobiliser, but I would still need to get the blade cut (the blade fits in a slightly different manner on the copy fobs).

Looks like it might not be quite so straight forward then ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
hawkeye said:
Phoned a dealer and was told yes they could do it but need to take the log book with me. Phoned to make sure they could do it while i wait but was told they do not cut them, go to a big locksmith.
Phoned a locksmith and he can only do certain keys..........what gives.

I have bought my own blank from ebay
We can supply a working key for about 90% of all vehicles and we're cheaper than the dealer. There are a few we cant programe or clone.
We can cut all vehicle keys but as with most locksmiths, we're not over the moon about cutting a key bought from ebay. We will cut it with no guarentee.
It's a bit like taking you own sandwiches into a cafe.
Hope this helps

If your near Benfleet, give us a call.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the offer ponsaloti, but i live in Hampshire, bit of a trek :) offers much appiciated.

S

·
0 Posts
if you just need a bleade cutting (ie no coding to car)

Buy a blank off ebay and take that and your current key into a timpsons, thats what i did!

Not the neatest job i admit, but i now use my timpsons/fleabay/untidy key as my main, keeping the official pug one as a spare incase i need to have any more cut from it :thumb:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Stubbo said:
if you just need a bleade cutting (ie no coding to car)

Buy a blank off ebay and take that and your current key into a timpsons, thats what i did!

Not the neatest job i admit, but i now use my timpsons/fleabay/untidy key as my main, keeping the official pug one as a spare incase i need to have any more cut from it :thumb:
How did you get it coded up to the car Stubbo?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Followed the ebay lead where they cut the key from a photo, and guarantee it to work.

Think i will go this route, will let you all know what happens

S

·
0 Posts
jet said:
How did you get it coded up to the car Stubbo?
It had to be coded by peugeot unfortunately, just saved myself a few $$ by getting my own blade and having it cut on the cheap!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Stubbo said:
It had to be coded by peugeot unfortunately, just saved myself a few $$ by getting my own blade and having it cut on the cheap!
Fair enough, I'll give my local dealer a ring and see what it'll cost. Like Hawkeye I'm getting one done via the ebay photo method, mainly for the novelty! Going to get one done via normal key cutters too and compare.

How much the dealer charge you to code the keys? Oh and don't you need some code or another too? I don't have that! Ho hum...

S

·
0 Posts
I cant remember coding charge off top of my head

They normally charge £20 for code retreival, however there is a £2 or £3 thing you can buy from them that has it on, cant find the item number for the life of me though, daffyduck has posted it before!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Stubbo said:
I cant remember coding charge off top of my head

They normally charge £20 for code retreival, however there is a £2 or £3 thing you can buy from them that has it on, cant find the item number for the life of me though, daffyduck has posted it before!
No problem mate, I'm just being lazy anway, I should just pick up the phone!
I'll have a search for daffyducks post.
thanks for the info :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Right i said i would let everyone know about the keys.

Followed the link from daffyduck, made the purchase from ebay and took pictures of both side of the key as asked. Sent thenm to the email address supplied and they were sent by return of post i should think.

Best bit of all they worked !!!!!!, all from a picture. I can't say pleased i am, a service that was trouble free and i got what i want. Anyone wanting a key cough up the £11.49 inc postage and you have your key.
I have my key and plipperfob for £25.00, not bad.

Now the tricky bit, coding the key, will have to fire up Planet and see what i can do. Betty you may get a PM :D

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
Done my first one in about 5 mins , after you do one a would say you could pull that time down to about 3 mins , very easy step by step instructions .:thumb:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Sorry if this has been covered before but what are the full steps needed to get a spare key "on the cheap"?

Can you get a key with any transponder chip and get a blade cut to your spec then add it to your car using pp2000?

Rhys

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
kaostheory said:
Sorry if this has been covered before but what are the full steps needed to get a spare key "on the cheap"?

Can you get a key with any transponder chip and get a blade cut to your spec then add it to your car using pp2000?

Rhys
Only one person at the minute has tried and it didn`t work ,but in theory it should work as long as you have a fob with chip and transponder and you get a key cut the same, connect to pp and Bobs your uncle , but so far Bobs your cross dressing aunt.:notsure:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts