Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, I Have p307 1.6 90hp 2006 that gives a lot of white smoke at startup and when idle while cold also it has rough idle when engine is cold . It's like that since I bought it 4 m ago. I checked coolant level and it's not changed at all, after 7000 KM of driving it spent some oil like 2 squares markings at dipstick. I scanned for faults with some obd2 tool and it showed codes in picture below. I will change, oil and filters in couple of days. Any other suggestions?

·
3,421 Posts
Hi....poss a bad injector...if you can do a leak off test...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just replaced oring that seals rocker cover breather and noticed some oil around injectors, so probably I will have to change injector seals if I am right that oil could be coming from bad injector seal,And see if anything changes

·
3,421 Posts
Injector seals will pass exhaust fumes and put a varnish type deposit around the injector...if you do change the seals have the injectors tested if you can,...

·
3,421 Posts
Looks a bit wet down there...poss cam cover gasket as well...needs closer look

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh, thank you I was thinking the same thing. I'll see if any of the garages around me can do leak of test, since none of them have have pp2000 and lexia I doubt they actually know something.

·
3,421 Posts
You dont need either for a leak test...have a look on youtube and you will see....its a common test on most electronic injectors

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know that, that was just to say that those guys around me are no good for peugeot cars. Anyway I'll Chek if they know how to do leak of test. I hope I am lucky enough.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You dont need either for a leak test...have a look on youtube and you will see....its a common test on most electronic injectors
One more question, how much oil should be in intercooler pipes?
Well 2 questions actually I had a little smoke around Turbine when engine is started what should I Chek for?

·
3,421 Posts
There will always be oil in the pipes but that does look a bit too much...check the bearings on the turbo to check for any play....start the car with the pipe off and see if the smoke goes...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I checked there is no back and forth movement, but side to side It wiggles a little.
To run turbo without those 2 pipes at the top? Or just one from the Intercooler?

·
3,421 Posts
there should be no play in the turbo....leave off the one from the intercooler

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
White smoke normally means water in the exhaust. Is it using any? I know you said the coolant level has not changed at all but is it at the correct cold level?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
White smoke normally means water in the exhaust. Is it using any? I know you said the coolant level has not changed at all but is it at the correct cold level?
It's just a little under max level and it was like that when I bought it. And when car is running it drops like 1- 1½ cm.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
That sounds normal then. From your first post I take it that the engine used/lost oil. Have you replaced the oil and filter yet? Just to confirm what fuel does the car use, petrol or diesel? The Haynes quotes the power ratings in kw not hp.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That sounds normal then. From your first post I take it that the engine used/lost oil. Have you replaced the oil and filter yet? Just to confirm what fuel does the car use, petrol or diesel? The Haynes quotes the power ratings in kw not hp.
It's Diesel 66Kw 1.6l, replacing filters and oil tommorow and also rocker cover gasket/seal. Since I have some free time over the weekend. Also car have 320 000km on clock maybe should use some ticker oil? Like 5w40?

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
What is "ticker" oil then? White smoke on a diesel means overfuelling. So really the fault is likely down to the injectors. Given that the mileage is high I would consider considering having them pulled and inspected. Flow testing on a bench will show the flow pattern and prove their serviceability. Of course special equipment is needed to do that so if there is not a garage that will be able to do it then either a overhaul of them or replacement will be needed. Whilst they are being done their seals can be replaced or new ones should come with them so any leaks from them will be cured too.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts