Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2008 Peugeot 407 sw 167K

So last week i have cleaned the dpf, changed the insjectors seals , and changed the fuel filter, turbo feeder oil pipe.
Today after a fight priming it ...ITS ALIVEEEEE. All works good. No checking lights. engine works right just a vibe on the air filter hose ( see in video) ........
BUT NOW THIS WHITE SMOKE???!!!!!!!!

WHAT IS THIS ?????

WHen i bought it the car didnt do any smoke.....did i do anything wrong??

·
2,738 Posts
Hi...well done....you say the dpf was cleaned....was that with a power washer?if so it may be 'steam' from the exhaust as they do run pretty hot....give it a blast and see what happens

Ps..try and use a 'Thread Title' that relates to your issue...Ive edited this one...

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
hello. Well i washed it with hose and the wynns liquid not pressure washer....coould it be water inside the dpf.....but the car was running for a good 15 min......

I also replaced the red rubber on the cold side of the turbo.
The fact is the smoke only starts after the car is running for 3 or 4 minutes. Another thing when i acelarate i can hear like a sound like a supercharge and on idle some times i can hear a wind form the turbo then stops after a few seconds it starts again, then stops.

what to do?

·
6,077 Posts
As above it will be water that has been absorbed by the DPF matrix turning to steam as the heat builds in the DPF it will clear after 5-10 mins when the car get up to temperature

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats the thing.

I have runned the car already twice for 10 min and as temperature goes up more smoke it expells.....the first time the car was at temp water and oil

Is there so much water inside de DPF??

Can i drive the car? maybe going for a drive it will help? And if it doesnt stop? what is the next step?

Many Thanks

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
WIle ago i run the car again and guess.....

Check engine light and on my sat nav Engine anti-pollution system faulty message......

Well i clean the filter and the EGR valve.....

I also got today diagbox and pp2000. I am not familiar with this i need to read how to use it. But is there any reset that i have to do? Or is there something else than clening to do?

Any good totorials??

Many Thanks

·
Registered
120 Posts
How did you solve this and all the other problems you posted without info ?
Other users would like to know.
(you sold it didn't you)

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Posted without info???!!!
The others users woudl like to know???!!!

I wasnt going to answer...but just beacuse you talk for OTHER USERS.......

POSTED WITHOUT INFO.....

I have described the problems the best way i could. If there were questions....its to the users to ask.....and i even posted a video just in case i could not explain the best way. Nobdy asked anything so.....They dont know or never experienced it. ANd for that you only need to see how many people read the post. If anyone wanted or knew what happen they would reply to it

And you assume i sold the car, well i didnt and she is running PERFECTLY. I dig and try and experiment and i solve all the problems i had. (by the way assumption is the mother of all f...ups )

But if you didnt understand my problem with my english i am sorry. i tried my best. But if you really want to solve something you ASK. Because sometimes the writer migh not give the entire info when its writing. For that Im sorry. But if i dont know something i ask.

But...I still have the car, and i LOVE THE WAY SHE IS DOING. Im surprised how reliable she is.

Many Thanks

PS- Believe me all the posts i posted here, I have solved all the problems...and the white smoke its not steam.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts