Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I tried to make the title as descriptive as possible. :)

Basically the longer my car is idle 3-4 days without starting it, the more white smoke it puts out at startup. It doesn't really seem to be temperature related, eg if I was driving the night before there'd only be a little smoke in the morning.

It's like something is building up over a few days and gets burst out when I eventually start it up. Does this make sense to anyone? The car isn't losing water or oil. Could it be the little bits of oil from the turbo that travels through the air system, crudding up after a day or two? Is that even a thing?
Some days there's none at all, maybe just due to atmospheric pressure or a windy day.. I don't know.

Egr and dpf are off.

It's not really a major issue or anything (I hope :lol:), just thought I'd put it out there and see what you guys think.

· Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
White smoke is usually excess fuel in diesels. Could be the HP pump, FPR or injectors. Usually those are the culprits.
I replaced the FPR and timing belt recently (no change) HP pump 'seems' fine too. Number 3 injector looks a little darker just where the pipe joins the nut but I'm not having any other fuel issues, it's starting fine, running fine. No injector fault codes either.

I do think I have a turbo leak somewhere though, turbo pressure is always a bit less than the reference pressure, eg 1600 ref will be ~1350 measured, and 1200 ref will be 1200 measured and then drop to ~1150 after a second or two, as measured in PP2000.
I made sure all the jubilees and nuts and bolts were tight today, and tried the soapy water leak test without success.

Could a turbo leak be causing it?

Edit: So it just occurred to me that you might have meant 'air in the fuel line' which might make sense, since the problem gets worse if I don't start the car for a few days.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.