Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All ,

is it just me or everyone ??!! when i try starting my 307 hdi 90 54 plate ! and when it finally starts " please read my other post " a puff of white smoke comes out exhaust what can that be ?

also how do i check the fuel filter is working properly which someone has said to check for as the fuel maybe dropping back to the tank ?"

any ideas guys ??? :eek:

D

·
0 Posts
If the car is driving ok and it starts ok then I wouldn't be worrying about it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
white puff of smoke !

well the car starts like a van ! turns over 5-6 times then starts keep thinking my going to flatten the battery !! i have had it on a diagnostic pc and no faults came up ! also changed the starter motor and glow plugs are all ok and battery is ok as well so not sure now what to check for ?

someone said it might be getting air in the fuel lines ?

how can i tell ?

D

·
0 Posts
well the car starts like a van ! turns over 5-6 times then starts keep thinking my going to flatten the battery !! i have had it on a diagnostic pc and no faults came up ! also changed the starter motor and glow plugs are all ok and battery is ok as well so not sure now what to check for ?

someone said it might be getting air in the fuel lines ?

how can i tell ?
Ok, now we have some info into the problem. You failed to give any of it first post.
What year model is your 307?
what mileage?

D

·
0 Posts
Ok, 54 plate means nothing to me. Based in Southern Ireland.
Has the fuel filter been changed in the last 40k mls?
What is your fuel like?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
white puff of smoke !

sorry its a 2004 model not sure if the fuel filter has been changed only had the car 4 weeks but a invoice said it was serviced couple of months ago ?! just topped the diesel up yesterday so now full tank ! ? i put some red x in tank yesterday as well ?!

someone did say it might be drawing in air over night ?

D

·
0 Posts
Its possible. It could be anything. Get a leakoff test done on the injectors, start there.
As you said there are no fault codes.

Is the battery strong?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
white puff of smoke !

hi yes tested the battery at work and charged it but is strong ! ?

so is there anything i can do just to see if i can narrow anything down ?

·
Registered
315 Posts
load test the battery and/or check it's voltage while cranking.
Is it Bosch or Siemens injection? IIRC the Siemens doesn't have an in-tank pump so air leaks/ loss of prime are possible, yes.

D

·
0 Posts
Replacing the leak off pipes will do nothing. They will only be a problem if they are leaking.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
but the peugeot guy come out and turned the key over and over and said it was the leak off pipes sucking air in ! ?? as the little green seals on the leak off pipes are shit and as i have already change the start motor , and the glow plugs and battery are good dont know what else it could be ?!

D

·
0 Posts
but the peugeot guy come out and turned the key over and over and said it was the leak off pipes sucking air in ! ?? as the little green seals on the leak off pipes are shit and as i have already change the start motor , and the glow plugs and battery are good dont know what else it could be ?!
Thats absolute rubbish. Thats impossible. Did you get a leak off test done on the injectors.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
hi ,no not had the leak test done cant afford to at the moment as peugeot will charge me a fortune ! unless there is another to check them ?!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts