Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I have a 207 sw diesel which is making a low whistle sound when running but which goes away if you press the clutch pedal slightly, been told it's the gear selector/housing on its way out. Has anyone had this as well and is it right diagnoses? How bad is it to repair?

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
I can't think why the selector would make a noise.
Much more likely is the clutch release bearing, if so I'd strongly advise replacing the complete clutch assembly with a reputable brand, LUK and Valeo are well regarded by most on this forum.

Roger.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Yep thats how mine started, sounds like release bearing to me!

LUK should be ok although there were a couple of us a few years ago got a bad batch of bearings, go for ones with metal clips instead of plastic if you can :thumb:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can I ask what is in need of changing if I do a full clutch replacement? I'm not savvy on it but bro in law does my work.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi. I may sound stupid but here goes. Am not sure if my car had DMF so would it make a difference if I fitted a none dmf kit? How would it effect the car?

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
What year and which engine does it have?. I do know the 2.0 90 bhp hdi models don't have a dmf, and I believe no 307's do. But if you call any reputable motor factor they will ask for the cars reg. number and be able to tell you. If it does I would replace it with a smf clutch and flywheel. I know others will disagree with me, but I think they are largely unnecessary if you are a competent driver.
You will need a release bearing, centre plate and pressure plate, which should come as a complete kit. I recommend replacing the sleeve the release bearing moves on as well, a few pounds from a dealer, and have a good look at the pivot ball the release arm sits on. No point in skimping this job, I doubt you want to do it twice!. :nod::thumb:

Roger.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts