Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a little advice please! When I press the accelerator my car starts making a noise that I can only describe as a quiet kazoo, the more I press the accelerator the faster and louder it gets, when I take my foot off it slows and quietens slowly, it doesn’t make the noise when the car is stationary.

any advice would be appreciated!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello,

From your description I think the sound you hear is the turbo (if your car is HDI). My 308 1.6HDI has the same sound a little bit louder when is colder outside

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My car hasn’t got turbo...
also, sorry, Forgot to say that the noise doesn’t happen when my cars idling, but it still sounds when I put my foot on the accelerator when it’s not in gear.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah sorry, figured it was obvious in a Peugeot 308 thread....

Additional info includes - 1.4 engine - 2009 - petrol - 5 door.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If it's anything like my car it might be noise from the stereo or something. I noticed it in mine and it's worse when I have my little Bluetooth device plugged in to the cigarette lighter. Turn the radio off completely and it went away. Hope this helps you

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi I have a similar issue but mine is to do with my clutch. If I'm driving along and have the noise it disappears if I lightly touch the clutch while in gear and driving along. Now I'm not suggesting this is your problem or you drive with a light foot on your clutch, just a mere suggestion of trying it to see if your noise goes when you try it. My mechanic advised the clutch can't be adjusted and I will only get rid of the noise when I get a new clutch so I'm going to live with it as it's not slipping and the biting point isn't high up either.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Your description reminds me strongly of the one I had, which was caused by the alternator belt idler pulley bearing. This can be confirmed by putting the blade of a screwdriver to the bearing support, and the handle to your ear. Probably best to replace the tensioner, belt and idler at the same time.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Hi I have a similar issue but mine is to do with my clutch. If I'm driving along and have the noise it disappears if I lightly touch the clutch while in gear and driving along. Now I'm not suggesting this is your problem or you drive with a light foot on your clutch, just a mere suggestion of trying it to see if your noise goes when you try it. My mechanic advised the clutch can't be adjusted and I will only get rid of the noise when I get a new clutch so I'm going to live with it as it's not slipping and the biting point isn't high up either.
Does it still do it with the gearbox in neutral? That's just the clutch release bearing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts