Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I searched the site to see if the rear caliper pistons needed winding in. They do I see in several threads, no problem as I have a tool for it but nobody has said which way to wind...

However this is why I ask the tool only works clockwise on my last car a mondeo the passenger side was fine but couldnt do the drivers side as that winded anti clockwise.( well I did in teh end but it was a pain because I think i would it all the way off at first)

Any help appreciated

Cheers

·
Registered
239 Posts
if you have the tool from halfords it works both ways and you need to read how to use it,

luck is on your side today as they need to wind in clockwise:)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you.

Good news :)

no its not the one from halfords. Bought it from a little shop near me.
was about £15 they had another that did both ways was about £40 the guy told me on a mondeo I would only need to wind one way :( which is why I wound and wound on the drivers side thinking it wasnt going in took me a while to realise it had wound the piston out.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
condition1 said:
Hello,

I searched the site to see if the rear caliper pistons needed winding in. They do I see in several threads, no problem as I have a tool for it but nobody has said which way to wind...

However this is why I ask the tool only works clockwise on my last car a mondeo the passenger side was fine but couldnt do the drivers side as that winded anti clockwise.( well I did in teh end but it was a pain because I think i would it all the way off at first)

Any help appreciated

Cheers
You wind it anti clockwise..

remember to take the lid for the reservior off

if its too hard to wind in, loosen the bleeding valve..

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks

thats two replies and two different answers :)

The main thing I wanted to know is that they both wind the same way it appears they do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts