Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The throttle body in my car needs to be replaced and I'm confused about which one I need. There seems to be two different, but similar, options to choose between, either

96 539 096 80 a.k.a 1636 32

or

96 532 894 80 a.k.a 1635 N0, 1636 15

They look very similar and I wouldn't be surprised it both fits but I prefer to know before I buy.

My car is a 407 2.2 116 kW (158 Hp) [6D_] 3FZ (EW12J4) from 2005

I also have the option to buy new or used - is this part something that needs replacement regularly or is it just bad luck that it broke for me?

My car just passed 100 000 km (62 000 miles) and half the year, when I drive my convertible, it is parked away (and I only drive it maybe 4000-5000 km/year). In other words, I don't use this car a lot. I guess some parts survives longer if they are used regularly.

Thank you.

·
Registered
14,933 Posts
They will all be variations of the same part when a newer model comes along with the same engine the manufacturers may specify to their suppliers a slightly different design update improvement whatever and this part will also fit older versions in most cases.

Chances are if you order a part based on the vin of your car the replacement will NOT be the same as the original people tend to put to much effort into part numbers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They will all be variations of the same part when a newer model comes along with the same engine the manufacturers may specify to their suppliers a slightly different design update improvement whatever and this part will also fit older versions in most cases.

Chances are if you order a part based on the vin of your car the replacement will NOT be the same as the original people tend to put to much effort into part numbers.
Thank you. The problem is that this part cost ≈ €250 if I order it from abroad (= difficult and expensive to return).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts