Peugeot Forums banner

Which Software to install Diagbox or PP2000 ?

28K views 55 replies 9 participants last post by  haza1 
#1 ·
Well my diagnostic kit has arrived :thumb:

It's got the PSA XS EVOL 9780.Z5 unit in the kit with other cables.

I did want it for the PP2000 software which was said to come with, but on reading the install instructions, it really meant it came built within the Daigbox software, not separate :(

My question is, do you recommend installing Diagbox 7.63 with PP2000 built in, or should I download PP2000 and install by it's self ?.

Which is best and easiest to use :confused:.

Does the laptop have to have just Xp, SP3 on, or can it be installed with other software on like MS Office.

I will be using it for my 2 307's 2002/3 2.0 HDI cars.

(My first job with it is to sort the radio out so as to stop the bleeping.)

Any help would be great.

See less See more
#2 ·
As far as I know Diagbox is only suitable for later model cars. My software came complete with Planet and Diagbox on the one disc and loaded both during the one installation. You can load the software with other software/programs installed as long as the O/S is 32 bit. I have my software loaded onto three different Laptops (using the same disc) one has XP, one has Vista and the other 8.1.

#4 ·
When the software starts up you can choose either. With the later software, mines 7.38 so yours is later, it will auto detect your vehicle ID number (vin). I don't know from which year you can use Diagbox but, hopefully, someone else will.

#7 ·
#14 · (Edited)
Uninstall it.

Copy the install file onto an external USB drive or write it to a CD and install directly from there. For some reason it won't install off the PC hard drive. I had the same issue and doing that cured it, sorry should have mentioned that but I had forgotten. Also make sure the interface is unplugged during installation. Only plug it in when you run it for the first time and for activation. Also always click the red X when it asks to update online etc.

#23 ·
Well I have had a little play around with it, only fault showing was in the Instruments section saying: Remote permanent fault, oil temp information, incorrect value.

Tried to clear it, it said clearing done, but was still showing after.

The only thing I cant find is how to see live data with engine running,:confused: if someone could point me in the right direction it would be appreciated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.