Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all, on my 307 hdi 90bhp glx manual i noticed that after taking off the engine hdi engine cover i find just below the fuel rail there is a filler pipe with an oil can on the cap. also there is another cap on the rocker cover with an oil can on it, which, i assume, is where i put in engine oil. if so what is the other pipe for ? Any help would be appreciated.

G

·
bobster said:
Hi again, im thinking that nobody has a clue ??? a little dissapointing for a forum this size.....
Do you not have a handbook? A little disappointg for a car of that size.

C'mon feller, g'is a chance - some of us have to work, sleep and eat!

The oil filler is atop the engine, smack in the middle and to the left oside f the big plastic engine acoustic cover. Without a pic I couldn't say what they other item might be, though I suspect it's PAS fluid or similar (a blue cap would indicate it's not engine oil, whatever it is).

You do not need to remove the acoustic cover to top up the oil.

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
Stubbo said:
Mine also has 2 oil filler caps, i just use the one closest to the front of the car! :thumb:
Why 2 ? are you 3 foot tall and have short arms?

(no offence to the people who fall into that category)

(Stubbo?:ask: It`s in the name:lol: )

What is the point to have an extra hole ? :lol:

Answers on a postcard to "its a peugeot not a polo"

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for your comments, i guess i was a little hasty.....i can only imagine the oil pipe wich fits into the hdi cover is the correct oil pipe... the one that is below the fuel rail rather than the one on the rocker cover...strange though......

G

·
I would assume the one closest to the front as it will run straight to the sump

The only reason i can think of for the second one is maybe for visual inspection to see if oil is circulating?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello,

Its fine to put oil down the dipstick tube but it obviously takes forever because its so narrow... Mercedes-Benz changes the oil though the dipstick. Your car is ok you probably got a air pocket in the dipstick tube and when you were driving the bubble came out pushing up oil as well. There's no harm in doing it though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts