Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are several variants of additives for FAP filter listed on the service box under the Products for professionals. How to know which one goes in the 308 T9? Engine is 2.0HDI 150, year 2015.

I found some info that it goes by RPO. My RPO is 14215. I also have some documentation which I purchased on servicebox, but it does not mention newer cars. Last entry is Eolys POWERFLEX from RPO 12166. So, is the POWERFLEX the one or some other?

·
6,778 Posts
Yes it will be Powerflex most models from late 2012 use it

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Reactions: mara-

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you by chance know how much should I fill? I got the warning last night that level is below minimum threshold.

·
6,778 Posts
If it has a tank I think its same as my 2.0 163 which is 3 litres. Can you post last 8 of vin to check as some models have a pouch and not a tank

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Reactions: mara-

·
6,778 Posts
It has a tank so should be 3Ltrs of Powerflex - Double check on correct fluid is the click fit connector should have a blue clip

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll try to check the clip over the weekend. Do I have to fill all 3 liters, or I can go with 1 for example?

·
6,778 Posts
There is no sensor so you can under fill however when you reset counters it will assume 3Ltrs and therefore not signal when it runs out again resulting in DPF clogging and possible additive pump damage

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hm, I just sow that I have the document from the servicebox which I bought according to my VIN, and it says following when choosing additive package:
1 liter = partial filling (recommended)
3 liter = filter maintenance or replacement of tank

I would post the document here, but it's not in English. So it's curious that they recommend 1 liter for refilling.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Fill it full fill it less :)

We refilled the pouch on my sons car recently its a pain of a job so i would not want to only put 1 litre in as you also need to reset counters so it means about 2 hours work whether its 1 litre or 3 litres !

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't have a pouch, it's tank in this car. I am just wondering why Peugeot recommend 1 liter refill.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Pouch tank makes no difference fill it the only logical reason NOT to fill it full is so they can charge again sooner in my opinion.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'll be honest, I am looking to save some money here. I bought this car used and with low mileage and didn't expect additional investments but that was not the case. Car is out of warranty, and I had to replace drop-links, end tie rods, wishbone bushes. Plus, regular service, EAT6 oil replacement, fixing known problem with rear axle, winter tires and steel rims for it. Almost every month is something with this car. So if I can get away with one liter, I will go that way.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just connected my DiagBox today, had to reinstall it, it was throwing some errors. It says that additive reservoir volume is 1320. Currently in the tank is 172. So, it seems that capacity in this car is a little above 1 liter, not 3.

·
6,778 Posts
That makes it cheaper for you. I was going on the 3Ltr recommendation in service box for tank change and assumed that was tank capacity.

Hopefully my DS will be the same and I will get two fills out my 3 litres which should last me for 250k

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Added 1 liter today. My mechanic filled it, but could not reset the counter with DiagBox 7.57. I had to do it myself with 7.82. But, he did the filling for free since he could not fully do the job. It was the blue connector so I purchased PowerFlex at the dealer. Price was €47.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts