Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
On my 2016 partner Tepee with a DV6FD engine code which is the correct original filter?
Look at them both they appear to be exactly the same? Same shape and same dimensions. Would one be ok to substitute the other?

Edit. Of course I mean these part numbers: 1610693780 or 1109AY

·
Registered
70 Posts
I believe the filters are actually the same, they certainly look it, but the seals are not!:eek:

1109AY is for the previous generation 1.6HDI (seal is black and square section)

1610693780 is for the newer BlueHDI 1.6 engine (seal is green and circular section)

(I happen to know this anorak type fact because a muppet 'engineer' serviced my BlueHDI engine and put the wrong seal in! (square section) - engine lost about 1 ltr of oil through the filter the first week afterwards before I spotted it - what a mess:nono:)

Also, if you are not sure, look at the 'groove' the seal sits into in the oil filter cover when its out, the older type (1109AY ) seal is a square section and sits in a 'V' groove in the filter cover. The new BlueHDI (1610693780 ) type has a round section seal and it sits in a flat-bottomed groove in its filter cover.

I'm afraid I don't know what happens if you put the "round seal in the square hole":eek:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Interesting, thanks for the info

So typically mine is the more expensive one, but luckily i picked right this time around! :thumb:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just found the difference between the two........thanks to info from Mahle
https://www.autodoc.co.uk/mahle-original/7624220

Outer diameter [mm]:71,88
Height [mm]:99,0
Inner diameter 1 [mm]:25,55
Inner diameter [mm]:19,5
Filter type: Filter Insert
Height 1 [mm]:82,0
Outer diameter 1 [mm]:65,0
Diameter 4 [mm]:10,8

The only difference is the rubber seal!!!

The 1109AY has a black flat rubber sealing ring.
The 1610693780 has the eco green round seal for the Euro 6 engines.

Cross referencing on other sites confirm the same.

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I believe the filters are actually the same, they certainly look it, but the seals are not!:eek:

1109AY is for the previous generation 1.6HDI (seal is black and square section)

1610693780 is for the newer BlueHDI 1.6 engine (seal is green and circular section)

(I happen to know this anorak type fact because a muppet 'engineer' serviced my BlueHDI engine and put the wrong seal in! (square section) - engine lost about 1 ltr of oil through the filter the first week afterwards before I spotted it - what a mess:nono:)

Also, if you are not sure, look at the 'groove' the seal sits into in the oil filter cover when its out, the older type (1109AY ) seal is a square section and sits in a 'V' groove in the filter cover. The new BlueHDI (1610693780 ) type has a round section seal and it sits in a flat-bottomed groove in its filter cover.

I'm afraid I don't know what happens if you put the "round seal in the square hole":eek:
Thanks for the info and confirmation.
So if anybody has the older 1109AY filter it will fit fine if one reuses the old green seal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts