Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at 2 very good 307's tomorrow and will be buying one of them assuming all the details i have been given add up. One is a 1.4 04 reg with 58k n timing belt just done. The other is a 53 reg 1.6 85k with new suspension, drop links, fully serviced n brand new exhaust, but will need timing belt doing. Price difference is negligible.

Seems more sensible going for the 1.4 however i want to check if its worth it cos i think it might be underpowered for the size of the car. Although i will use it mostly for commuting not a long distance i will have the full family of 2 kids n the wife in for day trips at the weekends etc.

Any advice between the two? Obv like i say all depends if both check out when i actually see them.

Cheers

·
11,780 Posts
1.4 is underpowered but doesn't have dual mass flywheel or particulate filter.

1.6 is punchy and quick but does have the above.

Go for a 2004 or 2005 (pre facelift) 2L 90bhp model.

Oh, hang on, you're talking about petrol models aren't you? If so, ignore above!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes sorry, should have specified they are both petrol. I have a 90bhp 2L diesel to look at aswell but the lad selling that isn't too forthcoming with info so but dubious an it has some tuning box thing on it so have a feeling it may have been abused a bit. Think i'll stick with what i know n go for petrol.

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
theres millions of good diesels on ebay

my friend has a 1.4 petrol. its ok i suppose my diesel does feel quicker though

where are you based

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm in newcastle, i must have looked at about 5/6 diff pugs now n theyve all been ropey. Cant believe how some people treat their cars. I know i dont have a big budget but its crazy how nobody can manage general maintenance thesesays or even a valet once in a while. So lazy. Anyways fink i found a good one now, went for the 1.6 petrol. Diesels were stupid on my insurance, over £100/month.

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
good luck :)

most pugs i had seen had no history at all and no one seemed to know when anything had been done which was scary

i went to look at mine but didnt like the colour as i wanted blue. the condition and history meant i couldnt turn it down though

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well i went for the 1.6 - put a deposit down. Hopefully gettin it monday as its going in for fresh mot n new suspension links.
Only time will tell if its a winner - has had loads of recent work on it. Needs some tlc on the paintwork and a very good valet but its been a family car with 2 kids so im not massively bothered about that - a couple of hours with some chemicals will get it nice n shiny :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts