Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
11,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Away from home and noticed my cooling fan isn't going off when I'm parked up.

The engine isn't warm in any way but it's not going off.

It did this a couple of months ago but I changed the battery and all was fine after.

Tried a BSI reset and that hasn't worked so going to pull the fuse so it doesn't flatten the battery.

But I don't have any manuals with me, could someone with access to them tell me which one it is, ampage and whether its in the glovebox or engine bay?

Thank You

J

·
0 Posts
Not sure which year yours is, but it looks like fuse no.1 in the engine bay (may be a 30A or 50A depending on which year and fan unit you have).

The handbook just shows it is "Fan Unit" so only guessing it means radiator far??

D

·
0 Posts
Hi Guys,

Away from home and noticed my cooling fan isn't going off when I'm parked up.

The engine isn't warm in any way but it's not going off.

It did this a couple of months ago but I changed the battery and all was fine after.

Tried a BSI reset and that hasn't worked so going to pull the fuse so it doesn't flatten the battery.

But I don't have any manuals with me, could someone with access to them tell me which one it is, ampage and whether its in the glovebox or engine bay?

Thank You
What engine? 1.6hdi? 110bhp?
Get a diag check done. Heater plugs needed i'd say plus a software download for fan running on problem.

·
11,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, went out and hooked the battery back up, did a BSI reset and a PP diagnosis and everything seems ok, with no faults logged.

I'm wondering if it's an airlock in the cooling system, a couple of people have reported something similar.

D

·
0 Posts
Disconnect the fan and the let the car run with the water expansion cap left open, i think that will remove any air lock if I'm right.
Don't do this. This is NOT the way to do it.
Run the engine at 1500rpm until the fan cuts in and then open the bleed nipples in turn to expell any excess air.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts