Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to halfords today, apparantly i need 5w/30 for my 110bhp hdi 1.6,

but there's three different brands available- castrol magnitec or Edge/, halfords brand oil (cheapest), mobil ESP......how different are they all?

ive heard i should buy fully synthetic over part synthetic...

should engine oil cost 50 pounds for 4/5 litres......

I just dont understand why peugeot diesel engine oil is so expensive, is there anywhere cheaper?? ebay do some cheaper stuff but would it be low quality??

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
i use mobil 10w40 diesel costs £30 but get it for £23 cause i use the trade card, but have been told that halfords own brand is made by Mobil few guys have told me this but i always stick to mobil am funny that way lol

i would check with your local motor store as they carry more makes plus will be cheaper that halfords with out a trade card,

fully synthetic will be better for your engine so am told but ive stuck to part synthetic and had no probs with mine 2.0 HDi as long as you service the car every 9-10k you be fine :thumb:

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Handy tip - buy your oil from Quickco - the last stuff I bought was SL/CH4 rated at a tad over 13 quid for 5 litres. You won't find it cheaper anywhere else.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Do you not have a Euro car parts of GSF in your area? if not but it online and have it delivered....it would be cheaper than Halfords,we have enough of rip of britain here dont make it worse by buying from those so called superstores....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts