Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day everyone.
I am new to this forum so thank you in advance for any assistance.
I have a 2009 1.4 207 which has thrown its cambelt (70k camshaft stopped, crank still spinning so rather cheesed off!).
I am going to replace the engine which Peugeot tell me is a TU3AE5.
Looking on ebay the later engines are designated KFT whereas the earlier(cheaper) ones are KFV.
The car is a facelift model.
Which engine do I need.
Many thanks Paul

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
VIN as requested

Hi. The VIN is VF3WAKFT09E059564

I see the letters KFT in the number. Does this mean I need a KFT engine or can I use a KFV of which there seem to be more about.

Many thanks

Paul

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
You could just fit a replacement head as it just has bent valves bottom end is fine but KFT and KFV are basically the same difference is mainly in the intake manifolds throttle body etc

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advice

Hi. I can get a KFV engine for around £200-250 so by the time I have repaired the old one I think a swap is cost effective.
Do you know if things like cam and crank sensor positions/plugs are the same on both engines as I will use my existing bolt ons to keep the electronics happy

Thanks again

Paul

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Head is about same cost overall including a new belt and water pump so can be a better option better the devil you know as they say i just sold a head for £70 so whole job could be done for 150 if doing yourself but to be fair a KFV can be had for 150 too :)

All the sensors are in the same place there is no cam sensor just crank its only inlet side that differs

1 - 6 of 6 Posts